Notices
C4 Tech/Performance L98 Corvette and LT1 Corvette Technical Info, Internal Engine, External Engine

Easy diagnosis 93 A/C controler

Old 07-09-2019, 06:04 PM
radar502
CF Senior Member

Received 120 Likes on 105 Posts
Default Easy diagnosis 93 A/C controler

I have traced my A/C problem to either the A/C (on button) or the controller or ECM. I looked at my manual and the test is very complicated to figure witch one it is . I have NO signal coming out of the ECM . Anybody know of a short cut test to figure out witch one it might .. Thanks ..
Old 07-11-2019, 09:30 PM
rusty76
CF Senior Member

Received 17 Likes on 8 Posts

I posted on your other thread about this problem asking if you've pulled the codes off the controller? I was getting all kinds of symptoms with mine and when I checked the codes it came down to low refrigerant. Charging the system has fixed it - so far.
Old 07-11-2019, 09:33 PM
radar502
CF Senior Member

Thanks , I paid a guy to charge the thing >> is it full ??? Am going to a shop Sat. to have it rechecked .
Old 07-11-2019, 10:00 PM
pcolt94
CF Senior Member

Received 127 Likes on 111 Posts

Originally Posted by radar502 View Post
Thanks , I paid a guy to charge the thing >> is it full ??? Am going to a shop Sat. to have it rechecked .
You need to have the compressor operational to charge a system. If you get the compressor running by some other method you might be able to charge it and get a handle on the charge.
Old 07-11-2019, 10:50 PM
rusty76
CF Senior Member

In my case because the refrigerant was low the clutch wouldn't cycle to allow a charge. A friend who has the requisite gauge set and refrigerant (134a) static charged it as much as possible then we pulled the relay and 'jumped' the pins on the clutch relay connector (relay on my '93 was on the inside of the passenger wheel well) to get the clutch engaged then he fully charged the system. Again, it all started because I found the low refrigerant code (09) when I downloaded the codes from the A/C controller. I have the C68 auto climate control. You can find the procedure to download the trouble codes from the A/C by searching here on this forum or on Google.

Last edited by rusty76; 07-11-2019 at 10:53 PM.
Old 07-12-2019, 09:46 AM
radar502
CF Senior Member

Thanks , the system was and I say was supposed to have been charged ???? I have NO codes ??? I an going to recheck the charge today..
Old 07-12-2019, 11:19 AM
rusty76
CF Senior Member

If your reading in your manual Book 1 section 1B then you're doing what I was doing. You're right it IS complicated. With my issue it looked like I had the problem with the controller folks have posted about here with the buttons not making contact but once I recharged the system all that pretty much went away.

I just did a search in Book2 of the manual on 'compressor' and got a lot of hits. The first was a diagram of the ECM and the Quad Driver Module which has a relationship to the A/C clutch. I don't know all your symptoms nor what you've tried to date so I can't say if it would be useful or a waste of your time.

If I lived up the street from you I'd be there helping you even if all that meant was holding your beer. Maybe someone here on the forum that has better knowledge/experience with the A/C will join in the discussion?
Old 07-12-2019, 11:22 AM
radar502
CF Senior Member

https://www.corvetteforum.com/forums...o-make-it.html Thanks . I have all the info here on what I have done to the A/C system ..

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: Easy diagnosis 93 A/C controler

Contact Us - About Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

© 2019 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands

We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon.com and affiliated sites.

• Ask a Question
    Get answers from community experts
Question Title:
Description:
Your question will be posted in: