C4 Tech/Performance L98 Corvette and LT1 Corvette Technical Info, Internal Engine, External Engine

LT-1 Cold #1 & #8 cyl??

Search this Thread

Old 11-18-2002, 09:37 PM
SteveElliott
Instructor

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default LT-1 Cold #1 & #8 cyl??

While looking for a downturn in power, in noticed that #1 & #8 exaust outlets measured 180 deg F while all other cyl's measured 5-600 deg F. I ran a compression test, all cyl's 195-210, changed plugs and wires, same temp results? Where from here???? :cheers:
Old 11-18-2002, 10:21 PM
Goody
Le Mans Master

Received 30 Likes on 28 Posts

Default Re: LT-1 Cold #1 & #8 cyl?? (SteveElliott)

Fuel injectors? They might be flowing real rich at those cylinders. You could swap the injectors to different cylinders to see if the problem follows them. Spark plug wires routed correctly? Valve springs not opening enough.....hmm. Others may be able to help out.
Old 11-21-2002, 02:10 AM
AquaMetallic94LT1
Safety Car

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Default Re: LT-1 Cold #1 & #8 cyl?? (SteveElliott)

#1 and #8 are next to each other in the firing sequence. Opti problem maybe ?

Hows the motor idling and running at part throttle ?

What happened right before this problem started ?
Old 11-24-2002, 09:33 PM
SteveElliott
Instructor

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Re: LT-1 Cold #1 & #8 cyl?? (AquaMetallic94LT1)

To me, it seemed fine. My son climbs in the car calls it a dog, takes it to the dragstrip and only turns a 13.3 @ 105. Looking for a problem discovers that 1 & 8 are running cold. He suspects an ignition problem because, as you've stated, 1 & 8 fire next to each other. Changes the plugs (runs a compression test at the same time) & wires, no change. He's committed to mow removing the Omni spark in search there, I'm choosing (while he doesn't know it) to test Corvette Foreum for a solution that neither of us have thought about. To answer 1 of your questions, he tells me now that the car is deffinately running on 7 cyls, don't know as I've not driven or heard it lately- but have to believe he's right? If it weren't for the fact that #1 and #7 are both cold, I'd suspect a valve problem, but because of what it is, I still thin ignition? Thanks for your thoughts and suggestions---anywhere else I should go for help? :cheers: :cheers:

Get notified of new replies

To LT-1 Cold #1 & #8 cyl??

Quick Reply: LT-1 Cold #1 & #8 cyl??