C4 Tech/Performance L98 Corvette and LT1 Corvette Technical Info, Internal Engine, External Engine

92 LT1 - analog coolant temp sensor harness location

Search this Thread

Old 06-15-2020, 04:02 PM
searlescm
Heel & Toe

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default 92 LT1 - analog coolant temp sensor harness location

Hey folks, can someone tell me what part of the harness the wire for the temp sensor in the head originates from. Looks like mine was damaged at some point and the connector is broken off and I don't see the wire. I'm guessing it's gotten tucked in somewhere out of view and I need to hunt it down.
Old 06-16-2020, 11:16 AM
MatthewMiller
Le Mans Master

Received 1,704 Likes on 1,290 Posts

You're looking for a green wire that comes from below the sensor, sort of down around the starter and oxygen sensor wires if memory serves. There's a decent pic in this post: https://www.corvetteforum.com/forums...post1592377323. If I can find a better picture from the factory service manual tonight, I'll post it. But you're looking for that green wire underneath on the passenger side. Most likely the connector fell off or was left off and burned up on the manifold. Ask me how I know... FWIW, you don't need it and the one analog gauge that it controls is notoriously inaccurate. The engine computer and the digital temp readout are controlled from the front coolant temp sensor, and those are the ones that matter.
Old 06-16-2020, 12:10 PM
WVZR-1
Team Owner

Received 2,254 Likes on 2,017 Posts

Harness routing is very much like this. GREEN wire color is correct. Disregard the reference to G106

Get notified of new replies

To 92 LT1 - analog coolant temp sensor harness location

Quick Reply: 92 LT1 - analog coolant temp sensor harness location