C4 Tech/Performance L98 Corvette and LT1 Corvette Technical Info, Internal Engine, External Engine

95 LT1 tuning

Search this Thread

Old 01-24-2021, 01:29 PM
AgentEran
Drifting

Received 228 Likes on 180 Posts

Default 95 LT1 tuning

I picked up a 95 6sp recently and I want to do some tuning like eliminating rear 02, fan temps and delete AIR injection/EGR.

Will the tech 2 or snapon MT2500 do these things? Or do I have to get something like tunercats?
Old 01-24-2021, 01:35 PM
Nomake Wan
Drifting

Received 594 Likes on 447 Posts

You need this cable: http://aldlcable.com/products/aldlobd2u.asp
This software: https://www.tunerpro.net/downloadApp.htm
This definition file: http://fbodytech.com/eex-tunerpro-definition/
This software: http://fbodytech.com/flashhack/
And while not necessary per se just to make the change you specified, probably a good idea to have this software too: http://fbodytech.com/eehack-2/download-eehack/

The Tech 2 and Snapon will not do any of the things you listed.

Also, just a heads up, but you can eliminate the rear O2 on a stock car. It's only used by the OBDII protocols in the PCM, which aren't exposed to the driver. Errors with the rear O2 will not trip an SES or cause any drivability issues.
The following users liked this post:
AgentEran (01-24-2021)
Old 01-24-2021, 03:22 PM
AgentEran
Drifting

Originally Posted by Nomake Wan
You need this cable: http://aldlcable.com/products/aldlobd2u.asp
This software: https://www.tunerpro.net/downloadApp.htm
This definition file: http://fbodytech.com/eex-tunerpro-definition/
This software: http://fbodytech.com/flashhack/
And while not necessary per se just to make the change you specified, probably a good idea to have this software too: http://fbodytech.com/eehack-2/download-eehack/

The Tech 2 and Snapon will not do any of the things you listed.

Also, just a heads up, but you can eliminate the rear O2 on a stock car. It's only used by the OBDII protocols in the PCM, which aren't exposed to the driver. Errors with the rear O2 will not trip an SES or cause any drivability issues.
Very cool, thanks!

I will be back in a few days when the cable arrives to ask how to use all of this to accomplish my goals.
Nomake Wan (01-24-2021)
Old 01-24-2021, 07:09 PM
Nomake Wan
Drifting

You're actually not that far away from me, which is neat. I don't mind going over it on the forums, and if you absolutely need some help in-person, I'm sure that can be arranged too.

While you're waiting for the cable, install TunerPro, select the XDF I provided (XDF -> Select XDF), switch the drop-down menu on the left side to "Parameter Category," and check out all the fun options you have.

A stock 95 6spd BIN you can play around with is here: http://fbodytech.com/bin/EE_16210071.bin
Old 01-24-2021, 07:27 PM
AgentEran
Drifting

You're actually not that far away from me, which is neat. I don't mind going over it on the forums, and if you absolutely need some help in-person, I'm sure that can be arranged too.

While you're waiting for the cable, install TunerPro, select the XDF I provided (XDF -> Select XDF), switch the drop-down menu on the left side to "Parameter Category," and check out all the fun options you have.

A stock 95 6spd BIN you can play around with is here: http://fbodytech.com/bin/EE_16210071.bin
I really appreciate that, seriously because I have been reading for the last few hours and learning alot but nothing beats experienced advice from someone who already did the trial and error.

Ill go ahead and install it now and take a look as you suggested
Old 01-25-2021, 01:31 PM
Alejandro Guerrero
Racer

Received 36 Likes on 22 Posts

I followed you instructions as well and came to the conclusion I am not qualified to tune my 383 once I get it together.
Old 01-25-2021, 02:34 PM
AgentEran
Drifting

Originally Posted by Alejandro Guerrero
I followed you instructions as well and came to the conclusion I am not qualified to tune my 383 once I get it together.
Old 01-25-2021, 04:02 PM
Nomake Wan
Drifting

Originally Posted by Alejandro Guerrero
Very ouch, darling. Hopefully you can find someone who is who won’t tell you to spend thousands of dollars on unnecessary aftermarket engine management.
Old 01-27-2021, 11:25 PM
AgentEran
Drifting

So I got the cord today. Installed everything and have had a moment to check it out.

Please correct me if im wrong, but it looks like the TunerPro program will load a bin file and allow you to make edits based on the menu on the left. Once you make whatever modifications to the BIN file you save it, then use Flashhack to both make a copy of my stock BIN file and to also "flash" a BIN file I created with tunerpro onto my computer?

Tunerpro is intuitive enough for me to get, but im a little apprehensive about how to use flashhack. There are some ominous warnings and the last thing I want to do is brick my ECU. How exactly do you use flashhack?
Old 01-28-2021, 01:02 AM
Nomake Wan
Drifting

Originally Posted by AgentEran
So I got the cord today. Installed everything and have had a moment to check it out.

Please correct me if im wrong, but it looks like the TunerPro program will load a bin file and allow you to make edits based on the menu on the left. Once you make whatever modifications to the BIN file you save it, then use Flashhack to both make a copy of my stock BIN file and to also "flash" a BIN file I created with tunerpro onto my computer?

Tunerpro is intuitive enough for me to get, but im a little apprehensive about how to use flashhack. There are some ominous warnings and the last thing I want to do is brick my ECU. How exactly do you use flashhack?
Flashhack is designed to be absolutely as easy as possible. And the way it works, it's far more reliable than TunerCats ever was. While every single flash program has a disclaimer on it that you agree that you're taking your modifications as your own responsibility and won't hold the program author accountable...you'll be fine.

So start by plugging the computer into the car, opening Flashhack, and clicking Read Calibration. This will download the BIN from your car onto your computer. Then make a copy of it for yourself as a backup, and go ahead and load the BIN into TunerPro to make the changes you want.

Once the changes are done, click Write Calibration and choose the modified BIN. That's all there is to it.
AgentEran (01-28-2021)
Old 01-28-2021, 10:17 AM
Furias15x
Pro

Received 104 Likes on 73 Posts

Flashhack is designed to be absolutely as easy as possible. And the way it works, it's far more reliable than TunerCats ever was. While every single flash program has a disclaimer on it that you agree that you're taking your modifications as your own responsibility and won't hold the program author accountable...you'll be fine.

So start by plugging the computer into the car, opening Flashhack, and clicking Read Calibration. This will download the BIN from your car onto your computer. Then make a copy of it for yourself as a backup, and go ahead and load the BIN into TunerPro to make the changes you want.

Once the changes are done, click Write Calibration and choose the modified BIN. That's all there is to it.
What about for the 96? Is this available?

PCM sold me a PCM with a tune setup for my cam and some other items and my car runs really good. BUT it is really rich at idle. Smells.

Last edited by Furias15x; 01-28-2021 at 10:18 AM.
Old 01-28-2021, 11:15 AM
Nomake Wan
Drifting

Originally Posted by Furias15x
What about for the 96? Is this available?

PCM sold me a PCM with a tune setup for my cam and some other items and my car runs really good. BUT it is really rich at idle. Smells.
Flashhack does not yet support the 96. Support for the OBDII version of the 94/95 PCM is a work in progress. So unfortunately, for the moment you're still stuck with JET DST.
Old 01-28-2021, 05:21 PM
AgentEran
Drifting

Ok, so I have successfully downloaded my stock tune and feel pretty comfortable with the software so im going to attempt to make some changes. I gotta wait for the EGR and AIR block off plates to come in the mail but when they do I have a set of headers I am going to throw in there and get rid of all the smog stuff.

What other changes should I make with the addition of some 1 5/8 to 2" long tubes with an x pipe and muffler deletes?
Nomake Wan (01-28-2021)
Old 01-28-2021, 11:37 PM
Nomake Wan
Drifting

Ok, so I have successfully downloaded my stock tune and feel pretty comfortable with the software so im going to attempt to make some changes. I gotta wait for the EGR and AIR block off plates to come in the mail but when they do I have a set of headers I am going to throw in there and get rid of all the smog stuff.

What other changes should I make with the addition of some 1 5/8 to 2" long tubes with an x pipe and muffler deletes?
Only make small changes at first. Just the basic stuff you wanted to do--the stuff that only involves turning something on or off, or changing when fans kick in.

If you wanna mess with the tune, your first step is to datalog like crazy. Hook your computer up to the car, run EEHack, and just drive around. Try to get as much of the RPM range and load range as you can for as long as you can. The more you drive, the more data you get, the more you'll have to analyze. Then you can either use the "Analyze" button in EEHack or the separate program Trimalyzer to analyze your datalog and give suggestions as to where you can improve the fuel map. It's not a perfect science, but as long as you haven't made wild changes, it's plenty to get you into the right ballpark.
AgentEran (01-29-2021)
Old 01-29-2021, 01:33 PM
jayjones
Racer

Received 92 Likes on 58 Posts

This may not apply to flashhack, but be careful that your laptop isn't running other services in the background when flashing. I installed Jet flash (the '96 OBD2 version) on a work laptop and bricked my PCM because employer IT remotely updates services and applications. Just happened to be mid-flash when the updates started.

Last edited by jayjones; 01-29-2021 at 01:33 PM.
AgentEran (01-29-2021)
Old 01-29-2021, 01:41 PM
AgentEran
Drifting

Originally Posted by jayjones
This may not apply to flashhack, but be careful that your laptop isn't running other services in the background when flashing. I installed Jet flash (the '96 OBD2 version) on a work laptop and bricked my computer because employer IT remotely updates services and applications. Just happened to be mid-flash when the updates started.
Very good advice sir! What I actually did is I bought a laptop off of offerup, then I totally wiped the hard drive and loaded windows 7 64. After setting windows up I loaded flashhack & eehack. I did not set up the wifi so this laptop has never even been online. Its sole purpose is to flash my ECU. I use my more powerful computers to tool around in tunerpro.

Did you brick a 16214399 box? if so where did you get it?

Old 01-29-2021, 01:54 PM
jayjones
Racer

Received 92 Likes on 58 Posts

Very good advice sir! What I actually did is I bought a laptop off of offerup, then I totally wiped the hard drive and loaded windows 7 64. After setting windows up I loaded flashhack & eehack. I did not set up the wifi so this laptop has never even been online. Its sole purpose is to flash my ECU. I use my more powerful computers to tool around in tunerpro.

Did you brick a 16214399 box? if so where did you get it?
Yep 16214399. I still have the bricked one. I got the replacement for $220 from Flashmasters ECM. I had to re-use my knock module, but they programmed it for my VIN so it was plug n play. As soon as Nomake Wan and his colleagues work out the un-bricking process I'll have a spare
AgentEran (01-29-2021)
Old 01-29-2021, 02:11 PM
Nomake Wan
Drifting

Originally Posted by jayjones
This may not apply to flashhack, but be careful that your laptop isn't running other services in the background when flashing. I installed Jet flash (the '96 OBD2 version) on a work laptop and bricked my PCM because employer IT remotely updates services and applications. Just happened to be mid-flash when the updates started.
It doesn't really apply to flashhack. Flashhack has a second-long window during any flash operation where something could go horrendously wrong (the time between the start of the erase routine and the end of the recovery ROM write routine). Once the recovery ROM is in place, there's really nothing you can do that'll completely screw up the PCM like with old flash programs. In addition, unlike old flash programs, Flashhack doesn't write the entire PCM; it only writes to the side(s) with changes, and skips address spaces that aren't used (for example, MAF tables on SD cars, automatic transmission tables on manual cars).

It's faster, more reliable, and free-as-in-beer.

Get notified of new replies

To 95 LT1 tuning

Quick Reply: 95 LT1 tuning