C4 Tech/Performance L98 Corvette and LT1 Corvette Technical Info, Internal Engine, External Engine

My Exotic Muscle headers are in the mail, let the mod fest begin!

Search this Thread

Old 02-07-2003, 07:18 PM
silver & red CE
Melting Slicks

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Default My Exotic Muscle headers are in the mail, let the mod fest begin!

Spoke with Trevor today and he told me he'd be shipping them today or Monday. He has a few extras if anyone else is looking.

Time for the front end modfest (to complement last year's rear end mod fest):

HOT cam
upper and lower a-arm poly bushings
long tube headers
bullet cats

Looking for a 12.2-12.3 at Union Grove (no small feat).

Eric

Old 02-07-2003, 07:23 PM
GS 163
Le Mans Master

Received 35 Likes on 21 Posts

Default Re: My Exotic Muscle headers are in the mail, let the mod fest begin! (silver & red CE)

Sweet, that means mine will be coming too.:D
Old 02-07-2003, 08:14 PM
NVUS
Advanced

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Re: My Exotic Muscle headers are in the mail, let the mod fest begin! (silver & red CE)

what size primary tubes are they??????????????
Old 02-07-2003, 08:20 PM
95AquaC4
Le Mans Master

Spoke with Trevor today and he told me he'd be shipping them today or Monday. He has a few extras if anyone else is looking.

Time for the front end modfest (to complement last year's rear end mod fest):

HOT cam
upper and lower a-arm poly bushings
long tube headers
bullet cats

Looking for a 12.2-12.3 at Union Grove (no small feat).

Eric
:cheers: Hope all goes well! Low 12's isn't easy!!
Old 02-07-2003, 09:27 PM
cprgmr
Melting Slicks

:cheers: My TPiS longtubes are in the mail - can't wait to get them! I agree, running a low 12 at da grove will be a challenge. We should meet up when you go (I'm doing a top end this spring) and show those Saleens who's boss! :D
Old 02-07-2003, 11:25 PM
dscottr
Racer

Default Re: My Exotic Muscle headers are in the mail, let the mod fest begin! (JPLT1)

Sweet, that means mine will be coming too.:D
I was thinking the same thing!
Old 02-08-2003, 08:32 AM
GS 163
Le Mans Master

Default Re: My Exotic Muscle headers are in the mail, let the mod fest begin! (dscottr)

:yesnod: :thumbs:
Old 02-08-2003, 12:30 PM
silver & red CE
Melting Slicks

Default Re: My Exotic Muscle headers are in the mail, let the mod fest begin! (cprgmr)

:cheers: ...running a low 12 at da grove will be a challenge.
I'll have drag radials to go with my long tubes, HOT cam and 4.10:1 gear. For me, if's it's not a challange, it's not fun.

We should meet up when you go (I'm doing a top end this spring) and show those Saleens who's boss! :D
I'm game, we'll have to wait a few months. I just took my Vette out for a battery charging, seal moisting cruise and it started snowing on me :(

Eric
Old 02-14-2003, 07:18 PM
VMAX451
Burning Brakes

Anyone seen anything yet? I thought if they shipped Monday I would have gotten them by the end of Friday, but alas, looks like I'll be working on home improvements again this weekend. :sleep:
Old 02-14-2003, 08:15 PM
Rolla Dunkin
Instructor

Default Re: My Exotic Muscle headers are in the mail, let the mod fest begin! (Vince Ivanc)

Well I hope you guys have better luck with Trevor than I did I got told they would be shipped out the next day for a week and a half.Took almost 4 weeks before I got mine, I will say they fit great but overall quailty was poor for the money they charge. :cheers:
Old 02-14-2003, 08:44 PM
GS 163
Le Mans Master

Default Re: My Exotic Muscle headers are in the mail, let the mod fest begin! (Vince Ivanc)

Anyone seen anything yet? I thought if they shipped Monday I would have gotten them by the end of Friday.....
:iagree:
Old 02-14-2003, 11:20 PM
ninetyfivevette
Burning Brakes

Default Re: My Exotic Muscle headers are in the mail, let the mod fest begin! (Rolla Dunkin)

they fit great but overall quailty was poor for the money they charge.
I believe this is why they went with another fab house, which in turn added delays. You must have gotten a bum pair because everyone I privately talked to about the EM headers said they were some of the highest quality ones out there under $1000.

I too was hoping to see them today.. :cry

Ask for a tracking number... That will show where they are :yesnod:

[Modified by ninetyfivevette, 4:20 AM 2/15/2003]
Old 02-14-2003, 11:24 PM
FSTRNU
Drifting

Default Re: My Exotic Muscle headers are in the mail, let the mod fest begin! (ninetyfivevette)

I called today also on my set he told me that they all shipped together yesterday and that I should have mine by wed.
Old 02-14-2003, 11:30 PM
ink4lfe
Heel & Toe

Default Re: My Exotic Muscle headers are in the mail, let the mod fest begin! (95AquaC4)

Ibeg to differ, steve40th does 12.1 with his 93 it can be done and he doesn't have a supercharger or nos
Old 02-15-2003, 02:21 AM
ninetyfivevette
Burning Brakes

Default Re: My Exotic Muscle headers are in the mail, let the mod fest begin! (ink4lfe)

Amazing how monday == thursday

:lol:

Oh well, this will all be a memory once the sweet sound of full headers wakes the neighborhood!
Old 02-15-2003, 08:20 AM
silver & red CE
Melting Slicks

Default Re: My Exotic Muscle headers are in the mail, let the mod fest begin! (ninetyfivevette)

Waiting patiently. I gave them my charge card number last week, so if I don't see 'em in the next few weeks I'll call the card company and cancel. I waited 4 months for nothing from Doug Rippie, this seems to be the norm for headers.

Eric
Old 02-15-2003, 09:59 AM
cprgmr
Melting Slicks

:cheers: ...running a low 12 at da grove will be a challenge.

I'll have drag radials to go with my long tubes, HOT cam and 4.10:1 gear. For me, if's it's not a challange, it's not fun.

We should meet up when you go (I'm doing a top end this spring) and show those Saleens who's boss! :D

I'm game, we'll have to wait a few months. I just took my Vette out for a battery charging, seal moisting cruise and it started snowing on me :(
Eric
Snow sucks - kinda figures that it wouldn't start dumping on us until Feb... Let's hope that Da Grove has better track management this year. It seems to be hit or miss depending on the weekend you go.

It also seems to be hit or miss as far as track stickiness. Sometimes I got a great launch with no spin and others I spun like a mad dog. I'm hoping to not get behind any more Pontiac Grand Prixs - they like to drag water all the way from the box to the lights... :rolleyes:

Get notified of new replies

To My Exotic Muscle headers are in the mail, let the mod fest begin!

Old 02-15-2003, 10:18 AM
silver & red CE
Melting Slicks

Default Re: My Exotic Muscle headers are in the mail, let the mod fest begin! (cprgmr)

...Let's hope that Da Grove has better track management this year. It seems to be hit or miss depending on the weekend you go.

It also seems to be hit or miss as far as track stickiness....
I only go on weeknights, weekends are busy with family stuff. I've never had good traction or good air at the Grove, it's convenient, that's why I go there. Byron is much better, but it's only open on weekends and they typically have races, limiting the number of runs for a hack like me.

Eric

[Modified by silver & red CE, 9:18 AM 2/15/2003]
Old 02-15-2003, 10:26 AM
cprgmr
Melting Slicks

Byron is much better, but it's only open on weekends and they typically have races, limiting the number of runs for a hack like me.
Eric
:iagree: I ran my best time at Byron last season. You're right about the races though. Last time I went, the spokesperson said that it was dead and that we'd get unlimited runs in. Turns out that it was "UTI day" and needless to say, we waited more than raced... :)
Old 02-22-2003, 12:00 PM
silver & red CE
Melting Slicks

They arrived on Thursday, I've been too busy at work to even have a look at them until today. Very nice finsh, if the fit is as good as I've heard it'll be worth the wait.

Eric

Quick Reply: My Exotic Muscle headers are in the mail, let the mod fest begin!