C4 Tech/Performance L98 Corvette and LT1 Corvette Technical Info, Internal Engine, External Engine

best nitrous system&safeguards for a speed density 93 Corvette LT-1...wet? ->

Search this Thread

Old 02-28-2003, 12:00 PM
dizwiz24
Race Director

Received 560 Likes on 437 Posts

Default best nitrous system&safeguards for a speed density 93 Corvette LT-1...wet? ->

I am looking into buying a nitrous system for a 93 LT-1 Corvette.

I have heard from another forum member that the dry systems do not work as well as the wet systems for speed denisty cars (MAF sensor cars its ok).

I am trying to decide whether I should get a TNT system(i notice they have one for 75-150 HP shots and another 100-250 HP shot system...which one of those two is better)

or get a NOS wet system. What sets TNT and NOS apart? NOS is an advantage to me because Summit (6 miles away) sells it.

Also, how do you all route the line from the nitrous tank to the solenoid. Do you route it underneath the car?

What kind of safeguards should i run? I am thinking MSD digital 6, and Mallory WOT window switch.
Old 02-28-2003, 12:19 PM
fsr402
Le Mans Master

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Cruise-In VI Veteran
Cruise-In VII Veteran
St. Jude Donor '06

Default Re: best nitrous system&safeguards for a speed density 93 Corvette LT-1...wet? -> (dizwiz24)

Go wet for sure...

I'm running the NX system, have not shot it yet, still putting it in.. But I have heard all good things about it... :seeya
Old 02-28-2003, 02:16 PM
mn_vette
Melting Slicks

Received 73 Likes on 46 Posts

Default Re: best nitrous system&safeguards for a speed density 93 Corvette LT-1...wet? -> (fsr402)

I'm also running an NX kit, works great, I love it. I got it for $1000 with the Gen3 kit. This one has jets up to 150hp, but you can buy jets that will let it do 200 and 250hp. After you get forged pistons ofcourse :D the only safeguard I've got on mine is a saftey fuel pressure cut off switch, but it's not calibrated right. But mine also works on a pushbutton on the steering wheel :D Yes I watched the fast and the furious about 100 times too many, but it always get me fired up about my car :lol:
Old 02-28-2003, 10:43 PM
red-y
Drifting

Default Re: best nitrous system&safeguards for a speed density 93 Corvette LT-1...wet? -> (dizwiz24)

The NOS dry did not work on my 93. I now have a TNT wet throttle body dual spray 2 N2O and two gas lines. 100 hp it works great. See mods, all of the safety stuff. Do not cut corners, do it right or don't do it. :steering:
Old 03-02-2003, 05:31 PM
cprgmr
Melting Slicks

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Definitely go with a wet system! I'm using the TNT kit you're looking at getting. Here are some pics...

Driver side

Passenger side

I routed my N2O line underneath the car along the fuel lines and up into the engine bay. The one thing that disappoints me about the TNT system is that the throttle body injector plate has two nozzles that stick out the top. I had clearance issues with the intake and actually had to machine the top part of the intake to cure the massive vacuum leak I had. :(

You'll also want the proper safety measures (window switch, low fuel pressure switch). Overall, I'm pleased with the system. And oh yeah... It hits hard! :D
Old 03-03-2003, 08:08 PM
DRAGRCR1005
Instructor

Default Re: best nitrous system&safeguards for a speed density 93 Corvette LT-1...wet? -> (fsr402)

what is the part # for the nx kit for the lt1?
do you have pics of under the hood. what kind of problems did you have at the th body. i am thinking of getting the tnt or nx kit and am very interested. :steering:

[Modified by DRAGRCR1005, 1:13 AM 3/4/2003]
Old 03-06-2003, 02:21 PM
SPD DMN
Le Mans Master

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Cruise-In I Veteran
Cruise-In II Veteran

Default Re: best nitrous system&safeguards for a speed density 93 Corvette LT-1...wet? -> (DRAGRCR1005)

The main difference between the TNT kit and the NX kits are the TNT kits use a TB plate and the NX kits just use a fogger nozzle that you plumb into the stock intake duct. If you want to try and hide it, go with the NX as the plates are a dead give away. As for the rest of the quality of construction, they are about equal. You do have to watch the TNT pill ratings though as they are not rated at what they really make. Their 100 pills is really a 135 shot. It is basically ricer marketing.

Th main difference between an NOS kit and a NX/TNT kit is the quality of the solenoids. The NOS do not even compare up to the size and quality of the TNT/NX solenoids.

You suggest using the Mallory window switch...they quite making it last year so if you find one sitting on a shelf somewhere ****** it up. Otherwise you are limited to the MSD or other pill stye window switch. Or Matt Harlan makes a window switch that is reasonably priced at well that is pilless.

Get notified of new replies

To best nitrous system&safeguards for a speed density 93 Corvette LT-1...wet? ->

Quick Reply: best nitrous system&safeguards for a speed density 93 Corvette LT-1...wet? ->