C4 Tech/Performance L98 Corvette and LT1 Corvette Technical Info, Internal Engine, External Engine

After reading the post's i think I'm going with the Ngk tr55, A couple of questions.

Search this Thread

Old 03-06-2003, 03:23 PM
93aqua
Drifting

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default After reading the post's i think I'm going with the Ngk tr55, A couple of questions.

They seem very inexpensive like 2.00 each, that was suprising considering the AC Delco i think are 85 for the set of 8. What is the main difference between the regular 2.00 one and the NGK TR55-IX Iridium Spark Plugs? Is it worth the 7.00 each, is it a performance issue or longevity thing with the Iridium? I dont mind spending the extra money if its worth it.
Old 03-06-2003, 04:23 PM
Half Fast
Burning Brakes

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Default Re: After reading the post's i think I'm going with the Ngk tr55, A couple of questions. (93aqua)

The NGK TR55 are copper core the IX are the iridiums, NGK's replacement for platinums. If you're concerned with long service life choose the IX's, if you're modded or have forced induction or nitrous use the copper cores.

Old 03-06-2003, 04:51 PM
superlund
Burning Brakes

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default Re: After reading the post's i think I'm going with the Ngk tr55, A couple of questions. (93aqua)

You can purchase the TR55IX model thru O'Rielly auto parts for 5.80 something each, just be sure and ask for the actual NGK part# which is 7164 Be carefull I broke one.... dam things seem brittle.
Had to be the plug not me... :D
Old 03-06-2003, 05:04 PM
Strick
Race Director

Received 17 Likes on 17 Posts

Hi,
I'm waiting for my TR55IXs to come in. I figure I don't want to change plugs for awhile after all the upgrades I've done this month. I need time to clean up my tools and garage. I also have a set of AC Delco Platinums, but I worried about the buttons falling off. :skep:
According to my poll I took, it looks like most guys use the Regular NGKs.
Strick

Get notified of new replies

To After reading the post's i think I'm going with the Ngk tr55, A couple of questions.

Quick Reply: After reading the post's i think I'm going with the Ngk tr55, A couple of questions.