C4 Tech/Performance L98 Corvette and LT1 Corvette Technical Info, Internal Engine, External Engine

Getting Eradispeed Brakes, some Questions

Search this Thread

Old 03-18-2003, 10:05 PM
RonRed89
Burning Brakes

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Default Getting Eradispeed Brakes, some Questions

All,

I'm planning on doing the GS spec Eradispeed upgrade on my 89, and had a couple of questions:

1) Can anyone recommend a stainless line upgrade for the rear brakes? Is this needed in general since the rotors are the same size and the calipers will be the stockers?

2) Any brake fluid recommendations? Car is street driven with weekly strip use in the summer months.

3) Do I need the bias spring?

4) Replace the master cylinder?

Background: I went with the 13" front rotors and PBR 2 piston calipers. The rears are Eradispeed 12" (stock size) and I'm getting a new set of GM calipers to replace the shot rears. The brake booster also has a vacuum leak and will be replaced.

Any other potential pitfalls I should account for with this project?

Thanks all,

Ron
Old 03-19-2003, 12:03 AM
bogus
Team Owner

Received 33 Likes on 31 Posts

Default Re: Getting Eradispeed Brakes, some Questions (RonRed89)

1) Can anyone recommend a stainless line upgrade for the rear brakes? Is this needed in general since the rotors are the same size and the calipers will be the stockers?
I used the ones in Ecklers... They are Goodridge, I think. Seem ok. And get some... They do wonders for brake system durability. Besides, your rubber lines are flexed to death... they wear out. get the SS lines. You won't regret it.

2) Any brake fluid recommendations? Car is street driven with weekly strip use in the summer months.
I would look at the Valvoline Synpower. Seems like good stuff. Great specs. If you park your car for a long time, I would bleed the system every spring, just to be sure.

3) Do I need the bias spring?
I have a new master with the spring in it... its just not in the car. No comment...

4) Replace the master cylinder?
Since you are replacing the booster, I would replace the master. What the hell. If the booster is DOA, the master ain't far behind. It's cheap insurance.

Background: I went with the 13" front rotors and PBR 2 piston calipers. The rears are Eradispeed 12" (stock size) and I'm getting a new set of GM calipers to replace the shot rears. The brake booster also has a vacuum leak and will be replaced.
should be fine.

Any other potential pitfalls I should account for with this project?
none that I can see. The install is straight forward. Just make sure the bench bleed the new master!!! if not, you will have air that will never go away. And if you are starting with a basically new brake system, get 2 of the big jugs of the Synpower brake fluid. you will use quite a bit to load the master and the new calipers.

keep us posted on your progress!!!
Old 03-24-2003, 09:24 PM
RonRed89
Burning Brakes

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Default Re: Getting Eradispeed Brakes, some Questions (bogus)

Thanks for the tips. Just waiting for the parts to arrive. Will update everyone once things get moving -- or rather when they're stopping. :-)

Ron

Get notified of new replies

To Getting Eradispeed Brakes, some Questions

Quick Reply: Getting Eradispeed Brakes, some Questions