C4 Tech/Performance L98 Corvette and LT1 Corvette Technical Info, Internal Engine, External Engine

Water pump install - how many rubber seals go between the coupler and the drive shafts?

Old 04-02-2003, 11:04 PM
mk2001c
Racer

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Default Water pump install - how many rubber seals go between the coupler and the drive shafts?

I just removed the old water pump. As far as I could tell, no seals were used between that small coupler and the drive shafts. However, on the new pump, there is a seal on the pump drive shaft. And in the service manual, they show two seals - one at the base of the drive shaft coming out of the engine, and one at the base of the water pump drive shaft. They also use the term "seals" in the text. Do I need to order another seal?
Old 04-03-2003, 09:52 AM
GS919
Pro

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Re: Water pump install - how many rubber seals go between the coupler and the drive shafts?

I removed my water pump last week and noticed the same thing - no seals. You are correct, the manual shows 2 so I ordered 2 drive shaft coupler o-rings for the install of the new pump. I think this is correct. Any advice from anyone who has been there before would be appreciated. :seeya

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: Water pump install - how many rubber seals go between the coupler and the drive shafts?