C4 Tech/Performance L98 Corvette and LT1 Corvette Technical Info, Internal Engine, External Engine

What are the highest performance tires available for stock 85 rims?

Search this Thread

Old 07-09-2003, 10:03 PM
Boo383
Drifting

Received 13 Likes on 6 Posts

Default What are the highest performance tires available for stock 85 rims?

I use my 85 (383) to autoX in AND drag race on occassion. The 85 is pretty much a garage queen. I am looking for some tires with really good grip and around a 10K mile life expectancy. Also they need to be street legal. Keep in mind that when I go to autoX it is around a 250 mile round trip to get there and back so highway behavior is a concern as well. The stock size is of course 255/50/16. Should I stick with size or is there benefit to another size? TIA! :chevy
Old 07-09-2003, 11:22 PM
rsafier
Burning Brakes

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Default Re: What are the highest performance tires available for stock 85 rims? (Boo383)

I really like my Kumho 712s for street, I have autoX on them a couple times, they are pretty decent for it. And best of all they are really cheap $87/tire from TireRack.

I just got a set of 265/45/16 Kumho VictoRacer V700 for AutoX only now, waiting for the spare set of rims to come UPS. I tried a set at the last AutoX I was at, they are damn sticky, not as much a Hoosiers, but not far off, and 1/2 the price. $138/tire. They have a 50 wear rating, and they say you can drive them to an Event, but 250 miles it a little much. You actually can fit 4 tires in your car, two in back, one on the front seat, and one in the spare tire carrier. Its crampt, but if you don't have a trailer or someone to take the wheels for you, it does work.

Quick Reply: What are the highest performance tires available for stock 85 rims?