C4 Tech/Performance L98 Corvette and LT1 Corvette Technical Info, Internal Engine, External Engine

Ecklers Cooling Fan Switch and Harness Kit

Old 11-01-2003, 07:54 AM
chb88
Instructor

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Ecklers Cooling Fan Switch and Harness Kit

In the latest Ecklers catalog I found "Cooling Fan Switch and Harness Kit" (pg132) for 84-96's and now I am confused. I thought the fan on and off were controlled by the ECM. Does anyone know how this kit works? Do they bypass the ECM? Will you end up with a code if you use this?

Any help appreciated.
Old 11-01-2003, 08:46 AM
AGENT 86
Race Director

Received 35 Likes on 31 Posts

Default Re: Ecklers Cooling Fan Switch and Harness Kit (chb88)

I don't have that catalogue but it's probably an aux fan temp switch and a harness that ties into the main fan relay also. When aux fan switch reaches it's new lower temp it completes ground to relay and harness jumps the ground to main fan relay so both fans come on at the lower temp. :cheers:
Old 11-01-2003, 05:44 PM
65Z01
Team Owner

Received 300 Likes on 274 Posts
Cruise-In II Veteran

Default Re: Ecklers Cooling Fan Switch and Harness Kit (chb88)

If you have an aux fan on your '88 L98 use my C4 tech tip to wire it to control both fans; you will need a lower temp aux fan switch (HuperTech makes these & Summit selles em). The ECM will still be able to bring on the fans if A/C pressure goes too high and no codes will be thrown from this mod.

If you don't have an aux fan, install an aux fan switch in the left side of the block below #1 & #3 plugs (not necessarily an easy job I've heard).

Get notified of new replies

To Ecklers Cooling Fan Switch and Harness Kit

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: Ecklers Cooling Fan Switch and Harness Kit