C4 Tech/Performance L98 Corvette and LT1 Corvette Technical Info, Internal Engine, External Engine

They say it can't be done but going to do it. Electric Forced-Induction.

Search this Thread

Old 12-28-2003, 03:39 PM
xs650
Melting Slicks
Support Corvetteforum!

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default Re: They say it can't be done but going to do it. Electric Forced-Induction. (TheStef)

hey hey hey! I'm no engeneers, but I know a thing or two.

You can turn plain water into Hydrogen and Oxygen by electrolysis, every body knows that right?
H20, one atom of hydrogen and 2 atoms of water per water molecule (water is fuel)

When you burn hydrogen (H) it recombines 2 Oxygen atoms and creates water, but the reverse is also true by electrolysis, (passing electric current in the water to separate the Hydrogen from the Oxygen)
The first part of your first sentance was redundant :jester :jester :jester
Old 12-28-2003, 03:43 PM
mistaben
Burning Brakes

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Re: They say it can't be done but going to do it. Electric Forced-Induction. (Powerdrive)

Well after loosely scanning this monster post all I wonder....How long will it take a bored student to adpt these ideas to their waterbong :lolg:
:iagree: .........

:jester :conehead :hat :p: :troll :lol: :D :lolg: heheheheheeee :lolg: :lolg:
Old 12-28-2003, 04:21 PM
TreyZ28
Melting Slicks

Default Re: They say it can't be done but going to do it. Electric Forced-Induction. (mistaben)

Well after loosely scanning this monster post all I wonder....How long will it take a bored student to adpt these ideas to their waterbong :lolg:
I'm bored
I'm in college
Full and free access to fab shop :skep:

:leaving:
Old 12-28-2003, 07:55 PM
JAKE
Le Mans Master

Received 18 Likes on 15 Posts

Default Re: They say it can't be done but going to do it. Electric Forced-Induction. (TheStef)

[SNIP]

I wont go into details since you both seem like smart guys but I'll explain in laymen terms what these guys are talking about. The mathematic behind General relativity(Planets/Starts/Universe) and Quantum physics (Electrons/Neutrons)

General relativity is predictable and precise, quantum Physics is unpredictable, string physics brings there two worlds together.

[/SNIP]

My daughter did an internship on quantum physics at the Smithsonian Institute a couple of summers ago under Dr. Brostow (sp). She wrote and presented a paper at the SI on her research.

I had to look in the dictionary just to be able to spell "quantum" correctly. LOL

Jake
Old 12-28-2003, 08:13 PM
TA
Team Owner

Received 261 Likes on 159 Posts

Default Re: They say it can't be done but going to do it. Electric Forced-Induction. (xs650)

This thread is officially above my head :crazy:
Old 12-28-2003, 09:11 PM
mistaben
Burning Brakes

Default Re: They say it can't be done but going to do it. Electric Forced-Induction. (TreyZ28)

I'm bored
I'm in college
Full and free access to fab shop :skep:

:leaving:
Me and trey are on the same "wave length" :p: :hat excuse me now i have to go and "invent" something... Hmmm wonder if I can supercharge a water bong?
120v DC current converter - check
leaf blower motor - check
herbal remedies - check
experimental apparatus - check
subjects - .... hmmmm :lolg:
Old 12-28-2003, 09:15 PM
mistaben
Burning Brakes

Default Re: They say it can't be done but going to do it. Electric Forced-Induction. (mistaben)

regarding electric driven cars and batteries. It takes energy to power up those hydrogen fuel cells, those generators are not turned by Lance Armstrong... they dont tell you about where they get that energy.
Old 12-29-2003, 12:33 AM
TreyZ28
Melting Slicks

duuuuuuude, imagine having compressed tabacco blown into your lungs...
... and i KNOW i can compress enough tabacco smoke to ... hehe

the ultimate hit :)
Old 12-29-2003, 04:02 AM
mistaben
Burning Brakes

Default Re: They say it can't be done but going to do it. Electric Forced-Induction. (TreyZ28)

the ultimate hit :)
:D
Old 12-30-2003, 04:34 PM
BIG JIM 54
Burning Brakes

Well Mr Dave....

No wonder this electric forced-induction (of significant boost) thing has never been done before. People can't even read my posts correctly and they interpret things in a way slanted to there pessimistic views.

I have read so many post on this topic from people saying why it wouldn't work based on something I never said or a problem I had already worked out and posted earlier.
I said I was going to move the power-steering tank and the A/C evaporator (by just a few inches), not REmove them.

The reason this topic is so long is because people are posting off-topic, stupid stuff with references to illegal drug use.

But don't say anything bad about this hard-to-use "ZeroForum" software lest you get slammed in a PM by a moderator.

FWIW,

BIG JIM

[Modified by BIG JIM 54, 1:35 PM 12/30/2003]
Old 12-30-2003, 05:34 PM
joeveto
Melting Slicks

Received 5 Likes on 3 Posts
Cruise-In IV Veteran
Cruise-In V Veteran
St. Jude Contributor

Default Re: They say it can't be done but going to do it. Electric Forced-Induction. (BIG JIM 54)

I love this post. If for no other reason, it's making us all think. Even the bong makers.

The post reminds me of a debate, long ago, in Car & Driver, regarding how far you could propel a car of a given weight, if you could capture all the heat/energy from an 8oz cup of coffee sitting on an editor's desk (I think it was Csaba Csere's). The debate raged, but not nearly as hotly as the arguments here.

Great stuff indeed. :yesnod:

[Modified by joeveto, 4:36 PM 12/30/2003]
Old 12-30-2003, 07:07 PM
LTxDave
Safety Car

Received 56 Likes on 50 Posts

Default Re: They say it can't be done but going to do it. Electric Forced-Induction. (BIG JIM 54)

BJ may not know much about forced induction, physics, or engineers but he sure knows how to use the "Bold" button. :lol:

BJ, remove or move, you would still be butchering your car and that was my point. You've been very rude to many folks who have tried to help you. You keep coming up with these wild claims that engineers are close minded, noses stuck in textbooks, and now pessimistic. I have 15 engineers that work in my firm and none of them are the way you think.

Anyway, have fun with your momentary supercharger.

Quick Reply: They say it can't be done but going to do it. Electric Forced-Induction.