C4 Tech/Performance L98 Corvette and LT1 Corvette Technical Info, Internal Engine, External Engine

horse power questions

Old 04-08-2004, 10:28 PM
calebchoson
Instructor

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default horse power questions

I am installing a superram runner kit, intake manifold, 74219 cam, 52mm throttle body with airfoil,cloyes true timing chain hex adjust, i also put a new water pump, oil pump, 2 new injectors one which was a v6 injector and the other was bad injector the rest were ok, new dual spring setup ,titanium retainers, valve locks,spring seats, took the ratnest out from the front of my radiator(i thought this was crazy) along with a plastic bag covering the radiator, straightpipe, airfoil, accel supercoil,resurfacing heads and valves,new centerforce dual friction clutch, flowmasters, head gastkets,and a k and n airfilter. My car is an 89 corvette stock specs are 245 horsepower 350 torque. I would like to know what are your takes on my horse power gains and torque. I told a technician at lingenfelter he says somewhere between 350 hp. I am not sure if I have stock headers I did notice that when i straped on the 52mm throttle body alone it felt like i added a hell of a lot of horse power.i do know before i purchased superram runner kit, intake manifold, 74219 cam, 52mm throttle body with airfoil,cloyes true timing chain hex adjust i had 1 going bad injector a v6 injector, a rat nest infront of my radiator and without the 52 mm throttle body i was keeping up with new mach1's and with the 52mm throttle body i beat a evo8 on the highway. I also could hit a top speed of 170 mph.
Old 04-08-2004, 10:45 PM
65Z01
Team Owner

Received 300 Likes on 274 Posts
Cruise-In II Veteran

Default Re: horse power questions (calebchoson)

I don't see an AFPR on that list; it would be a very good idea so you can bump fuel pressure.

If it doesn't have FL headers they would be a very good idea.

With stock heads not ported that sounds like a fair estimate; maybe a little on the low side with a good exhaust setup.

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: horse power questions