C4 Tech/Performance L98 Corvette and LT1 Corvette Technical Info, Internal Engine, External Engine

PKE question

Search this Thread

Old 05-03-2004, 01:10 PM
Cherry6speed
Burning Brakes

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default PKE question

My remote won't program. I have a 93 ruby and I recently bought a brand new transmitter and when you reach the turn the key off part; the programming light goes out. Someone told me; my car may already have three remotes programmed. If so, how do you clear it for a fresh program. I would love to have it working, since it is way uncool to unlock the doors with a key :yesnod:
Old 05-03-2004, 05:58 PM
Red Dwarf
Melting Slicks

Received 9 Likes on 8 Posts

Default Re: PKE question (RUBYREDVETTECARD)

I think that the programming will remain the same only if the programming mode is cancelled for one reason or another. The program will cancel if it has been in the program mode for more than 2 minutes or if you turn the key to the "on" position. If your in the programming mode & it is completed the previous code is deleted. You may have a bad CCM.

Be sure you are returning the key to the "lock" position from the "run" position & leaving the key in the ignition.

I would also check under the seats & the storage compartments to see if there may be another FOB in the car. It has happened before.

Old 05-03-2004, 06:05 PM
Cherry6speed
Burning Brakes

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Re: PKE question (Red Dwarf)

Uh oh, Whats a CCM? :eek:
Old 05-03-2004, 09:20 PM
Red Dwarf
Melting Slicks

Received 9 Likes on 8 Posts

CCM=Central Control Module. It controls everything the ECM/PCM does not. It handles the PKE system, fuel monitoring, lights, you name it. Hopefully, your just having trouble programming the system. I can send the programming from the factory manual if you like?
Old 05-04-2004, 08:34 AM
sraft
Burning Brakes

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

You should be able to add a new fob regrdless of what's already programmed. I had similar issues with mine and it turned out to be a failed PKE receiver module - buried under the dash and a real PITA to replace.
Old 05-17-2004, 10:51 PM
BlackC6LS3
Melting Slicks

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Default Re: PKE question (Red Dwarf)

CCM=Central Control Module. It controls everything the ECM/PCM does not. It handles the PKE system, fuel monitoring, lights, you name it. Hopefully, your just having trouble programming the system. I can send the programming from the factory manual if you like?
i would appreciate if uoi could send me the manual

thanks

dave

Get notified of new replies

To PKE question

Quick Reply: PKE question