C4 Tech/Performance L98 Corvette and LT1 Corvette Technical Info, Internal Engine, External Engine

A/c not working?

Search this Thread

Old 07-30-2001, 10:49 PM
87-2NV
Racer

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

A/C canister and lines under the hood are sweating and no ac is working. Does this mean it is freezing up due to low or no charge or a bad compressor...?
Also the fan / does not seem to be blowing any air or heat into the car. The defrost fuse looked bad so I changed it out with another fuse, still no results from fan. Any thoughts on what I should do or change next?
Thanks.
Old 07-30-2001, 11:21 PM
Togo
Race Director
Support Corvetteforum!

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

take the fan motor out (its relatively easy to remove) and plug it back in and turn it on
this will tell you if the fan motor is working. if it is working and you still get no air, you probably have the same problem i have.....either the vacuum switch is bad (and the doors are not opening up) or the doors are stuck closed!
in either case, mine has still not been fixed, but when i get it fixed, and if you haven't fixed yours yet, look for a post, i will certainly let everyone know what the problem was.
Old 07-31-2001, 02:53 PM
69Myway
Burning Brakes

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Does it start blowing cold and then trickle off? If so, the evap may be freezing solid and no air can get through. This happened to my old 86 pace car. It was low on R12 freon.

If it never blows through the vent, then you may have a vacuum door problem.

Good luck.
Old 07-31-2001, 03:16 PM
ZylaRace
Drifting

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Programmer module is a typical failure item. This is the device that controls the vent doors. (Vacuum switch controller)

Get notified of new replies

To A/c not working?

Quick Reply: A/c not working?