C4 Tech/Performance L98 Corvette and LT1 Corvette Technical Info, Internal Engine, External Engine

Motown 427+ Miniram in C4 is there 550hp ??

Search this Thread

Old 07-31-2001, 04:24 AM
bowtie racing
Drifting

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

HELLO FRIENDS!!

I am building 1991 6 speed vette and future plans are new Motown 427 smallblock ,TPIS Miniram and iam looking for 500-550 hp and as much torque as possible. BUT most of all everyday driveability and hydraulic rollercam is a must! so Has anyone ideas how to do it in "budget" in mind. I prefer LT-1 look so i would like to make it as stock looking as possible. So i liked to have centerbolt heads etc etc. Do you think AFR210 -220 would work? what headers? what cam? and what kind of fuelsystem upgrades are needed? for ECU i will use HALTECH programmable "bolt on" ECU (for original harness!!)

Thanks Joni
Old 07-31-2001, 05:50 AM
ChrisB
Pro

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by bowtie racing:
[B
BUT most of all everyday driveability and hydraulic rollercam is a must![/color]
[/B]

I would at least consider a solid roller - basically set the lash every other oil change (6-10k miles). You would make much more power and more torque, as well as have a better idle.

<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial">quote:[/color]<HR><font face="Verdana, Arial" size="2">
Do you think AFR210 -220 would work?
[/color][/QUOTE]

They are good heads, though I like the brodix heads a bit better. With either head I would say invest in some good porting by a porter who knows what they are doing.

<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial">quote:[/color]<HR><font face="Verdana, Arial" size="2"> what headers?[/color][/QUOTE]
If you can get away with them I would run some longtubes, and for a motor that big probably some 1 7/8th's, though 1 3/4's will work also.

<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial">quote:[/color]<HR><font face="Verdana, Arial" size="2">what cam?[/color][/QUOTE]

What kind of idle? (vacuum, rpm?)
What kind of shift points?

<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial">quote:[/color]<HR><font face="Verdana, Arial" size="2">
and what kind of fuelsystem upgrades are needed?
[/color][/QUOTE]

You will probalby be fine with the stocker and a good mild inline pump(vortech, NOS, etc. - all walbro pumps), though the safest bet would really be to replace the in-tank pump with a pickup and run an aeromotive inline.

<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial">quote:[/color]<HR><font face="Verdana, Arial" size="2">for ECU i will use HALTECH programmable "bolt on" ECU (for original harness!!)[/color][/QUOTE]

I have used haltech before and it works fine, it's just a bit tricky to get set up and your initial tune. I am afraid I don't know anyone in finland, though I have talked to
http://www.mrm-racing.a.se/English/index1.htm
and the owner, Robert Jansson, is one of the sharpest individuals I have talked to regarding haltech setup's. they are in sweeden I believe. That's about as close as I can get [img]http]//www.corvetteforum.cc/ubb/smile.gif[/img].

Old 07-31-2001, 06:27 AM
bowtie racing
Drifting

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Hello Chris!
Thank you for comments!

As for the cam, i know the power potential of hyd.roller is limiting factor but i still prefer it over Mech,roller.since this will be dailydriver we will sacrifice some power and higher powerpand for drivieability,good aidle and easy maintenace,how ever i think we will try AFRs hydra rev revkit !

About heads,i know this is big engine but i was hoping to get our goal with these heads ,yes i know wery good headporter here.

As for headers ,i was going to try big tube shortys for good ground clearance and "stock" looks.is it out of question? and 3" y pipe and custom 4" exhaust .

Chris,thank you for that link to sweden!
There are few Dyno tuners i know who has worked with Haltech,so its not a problem.

Get notified of new replies

To Motown 427+ Miniram in C4 is there 550hp ??

Quick Reply: Motown 427+ Miniram in C4 is there 550hp ??