C4 Tech/Performance L98 Corvette and LT1 Corvette Technical Info, Internal Engine, External Engine

S.O.S. 95 opti wet trying to make it to the track tonight!

Search this Thread

Old 08-02-2001, 12:07 PM
lcvette
Melting Slicks

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

hey guys, i washed my engine last night but was very careful not to hit the opti-spark directly, either way, she got wet. it is a 95 so i know it has the vented opti-unit, i was just wondering if there are any vacuum line i could try blowing compressed air through to dry it out before i kill my starter. she started last night and ran fine, not a smidgen of a hint of trouble, and this morning she started and then started sputtering, then died, she started back up and ran but ran rough adn i made it to work, she was running fine by the time i had gotten there and now i went out to try and see if she would start and she doesn't seem to want to. i need a fix as i am so excite about going to the track tonight and now this! please let me know if there is a vacuum line for this task, andy help is appreciated!

chris

Old 08-02-2001, 12:32 PM
bogus
Team Owner

Received 33 Likes on 31 Posts

the lines are vented... but they have a number of checkvalves in them, that if you put too much pressure to, you might harm.

what I would do... remove the 2 lines, and using an air compressor, blast air from the big hole out through the smaller bottom holes.

also, make sure your sparkplug wires ain't wet.

be cautious...

Old 08-02-2001, 01:17 PM
Chris@SD
Safety Car

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

If you are going to use compressed air, you better have a dryer on it!!! Compressed air tends to be moist!

Nothing you can do really. Some times just heat cycling them from driving will evaporate the water and fix the problem, but not all the time.
Good Luck,

Old 08-02-2001, 01:23 PM
lcvette
Melting Slicks

ok, where are the vent lines, is one of them the line that runs into the black intake boot past the MAF? and i see another hose coming from the general vicinity with a blue check valve on it, is this the other hose your talking about?. i checked the wires, they aren't wet, the air compressor i have has a moisture seperator on it, nice fresh dry air, the car is unfortunately at my office and i am at work, i was wondering if maybe shooting a small qwuantity of electrical wire dry spray into one of the hoses and leave it set in the sun may help, let me know if this is a bad idea, also if you could be specific as to where i can locate the lines and be crertain they are the right ones. thankyou so much for the replies, i am frantic, i have been looking forward to this track event for a while and i am about to chew my own arms off worrying im not going to be able to make it, any help or solutions will be welcomed and appreciated!

thanks again,
chris
Old 08-02-2001, 02:49 PM
lcvette
Melting Slicks

ttt

Get notified of new replies

To S.O.S. 95 opti wet trying to make it to the track tonight!

Quick Reply: S.O.S. 95 opti wet trying to make it to the track tonight!