C4 Tech/Performance L98 Corvette and LT1 Corvette Technical Info, Internal Engine, External Engine

Guaging interest in low priced parts

Search this Thread

Old 07-16-2001, 11:06 AM
Bob Mosaic
Pro

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Dear fellow forum members,
I am seeking feedback on a possible business venture. I am wishing to start a company that has the means to sell replacement parts for Corvettes and Camaros of all years at a substantially lower price than many of the current Corvette retailers. Currently, I have the connections to provide both aftermarket and AC-Delco parts at a great price. I can offer front end rebuild kits, starters, alternators, full line of a/c components, radiators, wheel bearings, some brake system components, some ignition components, and later moving into distributing 'big name' high performance parts. As well as, future in house manufacturing of custom high performance suspension pieces, engine pieces, roll bars, harness bars, and conversion bracketry. PLEASE let me know what you guys and gals are thinking in relation to supporting a venue like this!
Much thanks,
Robert
Old 07-16-2001, 02:21 PM
91-Z07Coupe
Melting Slicks

Sounds like a really good venture. I'd be interested in buying parts if the price was really good.

Old 07-16-2001, 02:52 PM
Paul G
Drifting

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Seems to me most people check out price first then go for the the highest quality. If all things equall the vendor with the lowest price will usually get the business.
Good luck to you.
Old 07-16-2001, 03:35 PM
CAPN17
Safety Car

Very much interested in good quality at reduced price, good luck in your endeavor

Old 07-16-2001, 06:42 PM
Bob Mosaic
Pro

Fellow Foum Members,
I would like to thank you for your support, advice and time. I am hoping for a running business in two months. This will include a very strait forward website aimed at being informative. I am taking all of the advise I can get with much gratitude.
THanks a million,
Robert
Old 07-16-2001, 06:43 PM
Kale
Team Owner

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Sounds cool.
Old 07-16-2001, 06:54 PM
Bob Mosaic
Pro

Vash,
I noticed your thread on the radiator, I can furnish that part at $140.00. If this is helpful, let me know.

To all others,
Your support is appreciated ten fold, and I wish to have a fully operational business in about two months. Once again thank you.
Robert
Old 07-16-2001, 07:00 PM
Kale
Team Owner

Thanks bob, but i picked one up for $137. Good luck with your shop, let me know if you need any help with graphics for your site.
Old 07-16-2001, 07:31 PM
Bob Mosaic
Pro

Vash, That price is fair for a modine. For future reference, I offer a TCI, Thermal Components, radiator that utilizes GM tooling for the tanks and tranny cooler, and a thicker core. Napa is currently seeking a new vendor to supply there radiators and condensors, just FYI. As for the graphics, I REALLY appreciate the offer, yet I already have contracted a party to cover that. As always I appreciate the offer and will always take them with much praise.
Thanks,
Robert
Old 07-16-2001, 07:33 PM
Kale
Team Owner

hmn, I wonder why they're seeking a new vendor? Hopefully i wont have my car much longer anyway. Good luck with your business.. I think you won't have a hard time competing with Ecklers, but watch out for Tld, they have an awesome rep
Old 07-16-2001, 08:26 PM
Goody
Le Mans Master

Received 30 Likes on 28 Posts

Good luck. But be prepared to have an awesome customer service department set up. Price is very important, but then so is quality service with quality parts.

Old 07-21-2001, 03:12 PM
LouisBarton
Instructor

Bob,will you have a local number for ordering for us locals? Are you a member of any of the local clubs? Please e-mail me once you get started.

Old 07-21-2001, 07:21 PM
JIM FL
Advanced

Bob, I would always rather support someone who was really into these cars personally as they understand what it takes to maintain and improve them. Good luck!

Get notified of new replies

To Guaging interest in low priced parts

Quick Reply: Guaging interest in low priced parts