C4 Tech/Performance L98 Corvette and LT1 Corvette Technical Info, Internal Engine, External Engine

ProMagnum Rockers and Valve Covers>>

Old 07-19-2001, 10:57 PM
-=Jeff=-
CF Senior Member

I have aftermarket covers on on 89 and am in the midst of installing the covers.

I found the the towers for the bolts don't seem to hit, But it seems like the Webbing needs to be removed on the top half of the cover. I have done one and it seems to clear. but there is no real way of telling is there?

Any one that has the 93 and up covers have this problem?

Thanks

Old 07-20-2001, 09:58 AM
-=Jeff=-
CF Senior Member

ttt
Old 07-20-2001, 10:35 AM
MVR 155
CF Senior Member

Cruise-In XI Veteran
St. Jude Donor '06-'07-'08-'09-'10-'11-'12

Could you put a little piece of clay on the rocker tips and bolt the cover on and just crank the motor with the coil off to see it they clear or not?? This could get messy though. I have a friend who just changed brands of roller rockers on his mustang, he ran into the same problem, he removed the webbing and his is perfectly fine. Let me know if you need a hand with anything

Mike

Old 07-20-2001, 11:25 AM
-=Jeff=-
CF Senior Member

Mike,

After I posted this. I checked it again.. it seems the trunion of the rocker was hitting the cover. I modded one cover last night and it seems to be fine. I just needed to get the clearance in between the rockers. I am getting a few pieces for my Dremel so I can finish the other side hopefully tonight.

Jeff

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: ProMagnum Rockers and Valve Covers>>

Sponsored Ads
Vendor Directory

Contact Us - About Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

© 2019 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands

We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon.com and affiliated sites.

• Ask a Question
    Get answers from community experts
Question Title:
Description:
Your question will be posted in: