C4 Tech/Performance L98 Corvette and LT1 Corvette Technical Info, Internal Engine, External Engine

Vrrooom Vrroom.....Long Tubes Install is complete on the Grand Sport.

Search this Thread

Old 07-20-2001, 05:26 PM
MVR 155
Safety Car

Received 10 Likes on 10 Posts
Cruise-In XI Veteran
St. Jude Donor '06-'07-'08-'09-'10-'11-'12

I just got back from having the exhaust shop do a little welding/fabricating after I installed my long tubes the the other day. Before the B&B had a quiet smooth note, now it sounds like it should but its not too loud by any means ( I still have the same resonation between 1500-1900 RPM). Its close to 95 degrees here just outside of chicago with very high humidity and the car feels as fast or faster than it has ever felt before and my car usually runs like doggy Poo Poo when its this hot. I cant wait for it to cool off so I can get out to the track and see what she does

Old 07-20-2001, 05:39 PM
Ruby6spd
Melting Slicks

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I have also been looking at the header options.. did you eliminate your cats and tie the tubes directly to the B&B..

how much fabrication was need to make it work..

it does sound like it was worth it

Old 07-20-2001, 08:24 PM
95vettski
Melting Slicks

Received 26 Likes on 24 Posts

Your neighbours are gonna love you

I also have long tubes with no cats and flowmaster cat back, its loud!

Old 07-20-2001, 09:17 PM
Patrick96LT4
Le Mans Master

Cruise-In II Veteran

Can you hear the cam lope now?
Old 07-20-2001, 11:28 PM
MVR 155
Safety Car

Cruise-In XI Veteran

These are actually headers from Exotic Muscle, the DRM were gonna be another 1-2 months wait after I already waited 7 weeks. A little bit of welding/fabrication is needed to put on the 3 bolt flange/collectors on the headers and front of the cat back. I will most likely order new front pipes for my B&B incase I ever want to sell it or put the car back to stock. I did eliminate the Catalytic Converters. The cam lope is very noticable now where you could barely hear it before, the car has a very nice exhaust note in the high RPM range.

Vetteski, my neighbors are pretty cool except for the Jagoffs next door, them and thier $hitty little barking dogs can burn in hell for all I care (first off they never wave or say hi to me when I wave or say hi first and then the jerkoff has the ***** to park his car on my lawn when they were re-surfacing my street and cutting out the curbs and replacing them, he didnt even have the coutesy to ask first)

Old 07-20-2001, 11:32 PM
MarkBychowski
Melting Slicks

Glad to hear you got them hooked up, Mike!
I've got to hook up with you some time to check out that car!

Old 07-21-2001, 03:27 AM
MVR 155
Safety Car

Cruise-In XI Veteran

Originally Posted by MarkBychowski:
[B
Glad to hear you got them hooked up, Mike!
I've got to hook up with you some time to check out that car!

[/B][/color]
Let me know when you want to hook up, a few of us are going to be hanging out by Jeff's house Sat. Morning/afternoon, Im not sure if Im gonna make the Forum Lunch or not, I may be going out to do some boating on Sunday. Im looking forward to seeing your car as well.

How are the gears by the way?? Im sure Frank took good care of you [img]http]//www.corvetteforum.cc/ubb/smile.gif[/img]

Old 07-21-2001, 02:34 PM
MarkBychowski
Melting Slicks

Yep, Frank took great care of me! The gears are perfect -- makes driving with the hotcam and aluminum flywheel much better. Only problem now is the car's laid up with a cracked head! Aparently, the engine ingested a small piece of steel (most-likely due to me not paying close enough attention last time I had the intake off). Luckily, the pistons and cylinders are all fine (very lucky!). I should have the car back next week -- I'll shoot you a note when I get it back.
Old 07-21-2001, 02:49 PM
Hurricane_777
Le Mans Master

Glad to hear that everything went in smoothly Mike! I'm looking forward to getting some long tubes for the GS as well. I've got the ceramic coated shorties and the TriFlo now, but I'm looking for a little deeper tone. Do you have any pics of how they look?

I'm also looking to install the LT4 Hot Cam as well. Were there any other mods that you had to perform to get this in? I'm hoping it should be okay with the stock rockers.

Scott

Old 07-21-2001, 03:23 PM
BOWTYE8
Drifting
Support Corvetteforum!

Received 22 Likes on 9 Posts

Try and make a quick visit for the lunch on sunday.
Yes this heat wave and humidity we got really blows. 10min in the garage and you can ring out my shirt.
Do those headers have nomal collector flanges or a slip on fit??
Dennis

Old 07-22-2001, 02:26 AM
MVR 155
Safety Car

Cruise-In XI Veteran

Dennis, the headers came with slip fit style collectors and I had 3 bolt, 3" flanges welded in place. I had to weld a 3" collector and flange to the passenger side of the cat back also. Are you going to the lunch on sunday??? Im not sure if I can make it or not, I will try to show up for a little while....Warning, my car is completly filthy, I had it at the track last week and drove it home from GLD on a hot sticky evening so I have a serious bug collection not to mention the shoe polish still on my windows with an abundance of brake dust covering my rims

Scott, you will be able to use your Hotcam with the stock LT-4 Rockers and springs with no problem

Get notified of new replies

To Vrrooom Vrroom.....Long Tubes Install is complete on the Grand Sport.

Quick Reply: Vrrooom Vrroom.....Long Tubes Install is complete on the Grand Sport.