C4 Tech/Performance L98 Corvette and LT1 Corvette Technical Info, Internal Engine, External Engine

88 Cold Start Injector Connection at Fuel Rail (Please Help)

Search this Thread

Old 07-21-2001, 03:27 PM
jharris88
Intermediate

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

When changing injectors and removing the Cold Start Injector connection at the fuel rail (driver side)I ran into a problem. I disconnected the plug that goes into the rail. It had a O ring that fits inside the rail. When I was reassembling the unit the O ring was pinched. I ordered the GM Cold Start Injector O ring Kit, but the O ring is different than the one that came off. Is there anything or any suggestions on how to fix this problem. I definetly do not want a fuel leak. I have read about a plug for this available throught Street Performance or Summit. I looked last night but could not find unit.My question is will it work with a stock intake? Hopefully some of you guys will have an answer for me. Thanks in advance. MJH
Old 07-21-2001, 05:21 PM
65Z01
Team Owner

Received 300 Likes on 274 Posts
Cruise-In II Veteran

If the O-ring was pinched but not cut it may be OK. But it's such a PITA to deal with that you likely don't want to redo it.

If the Summit plug is cheap, get it and use it's O-ring. Or try to match the O-ring at a parts store.

Old 07-22-2001, 03:49 AM
weekendwrench
Burning Brakes

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Take your old o ring and go to the dealer and see if they can match it up. It may be the same size as the fuel line o rings (from the line to the fuel rail).

Get notified of new replies

To 88 Cold Start Injector Connection at Fuel Rail (Please Help)

Quick Reply: 88 Cold Start Injector Connection at Fuel Rail (Please Help)