C4 Tech/Performance L98 Corvette and LT1 Corvette Technical Info, Internal Engine, External Engine

trans case extension removal and speedo removal ... help

Search this Thread

Old 07-21-2001, 06:13 PM
thehun68
Intermediate

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I am replacing the seals on my 90 coupe. How do you remove the speedo gear of the trans case extension? does it need a special tool? And how do you remove the trans case extension itself? There is 1 bolt on the extension case right next to the speedo. Due to limited space and area next to the bolt, what do I need to remove this bolt? TIA. George.
Old 07-21-2001, 06:58 PM
David-F
Drifting

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I guess you are talking about a auto trans and in that case to remove the extension housing you are going to drop the trans down from the "U" channel, you will also have to remove the speedo sensor(PM generator) it's held in with a 10mm head bolt just to the side of the connector, remove the bolt and use a screw driver to carefully pry the sensor out they can stick in there pretty good sometimes and trying to pry them out can sometimes break them so be careful. Once the sensor is out you will be able to remove the bolts and remove the extension housing.

David Fulcher

Quick Reply: trans case extension removal and speedo removal ... help