C4 Tech/Performance L98 Corvette and LT1 Corvette Technical Info, Internal Engine, External Engine

Did the previous owner cook my Oil Pressure gauge circuit?

Search this Thread

Old 07-22-2001, 02:26 AM
Boo383
Drifting

Received 13 Likes on 6 Posts

I finally got my 383 stroker 85 goin again, but still yet just as before the oil pressure gauge does not work. The previous owner had the oil sending unit wire connected to a plus 12 volt source which caused the gauge to read 80 psi at all times. I have now connected it to the sending unit and it always reads 0 psi. It really really sucks not having an oil pressure gauge! Of course I want to get the stock digi gauge to work. Did the connection to 12 volts cook something? How did I fix this? HELP!!
Any suggestions??

Old 07-22-2001, 03:41 AM
weekendwrench
Burning Brakes

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Does yours have the 2 sensors off the same tee. Oil pressure for the gauge and fuel pump cutoff? Are the wires connected to the correct sensors?

On my 87 when the oil pressure sensor was disconnected the oil pressure would read 88. Does your do this? If it does I would look at the sending unit as the problem. That is the only idea I have for you.

Old 07-22-2001, 01:51 PM
Boo383
Drifting

Received 13 Likes on 6 Posts

As of right now the wire is connected to the sending unit. I'll disconnect it and see if the reading changes to 88. The sending unit is new. It sucks not having an oil pressure reading on a new motor.. Other suggestions..

Get notified of new replies

To Did the previous owner cook my Oil Pressure gauge circuit?

Quick Reply: Did the previous owner cook my Oil Pressure gauge circuit?