C4 Tech/Performance L98 Corvette and LT1 Corvette Technical Info, Internal Engine, External Engine

Anybody Else's Car act like this?

Old 07-26-2001, 09:38 AM
XtremeVette
NCM Bash 2008-2018
Support Corvetteforum!

Location: Granby, MA Talladega Super Speedway Vettes 4 Vets Ambassador
Received 75 Likes on 60 Posts
Middle TN Events Coordinator
Cruise-In 1, 3, 9. 10 & 11 Veteran

Being that the temperature here in New England dropped pretty good today (73 out)....my car just seemed to run and feel soooo much better...its really weird!

1. Ran cooler and stronger (car really ran faster)
2. Gas pedal became stiffer (felt more alive)
not squishy like a ford taurus!)
3. My torque converter problem (shuddering feeling) felt better did not really seem to feel it at all)
4. Just felt tighter and more stable
5. Exhaust sounded louder and deeper

just a couple things I noticed (being a really picky person....I pick up on the smallest things)

just wanted to know if it is me...or in anybody else noticed some or all of these things with their cars.

Old 07-26-2001, 11:20 AM
R23HTC
Le Mans Master

Received 182 Likes on 122 Posts

Originally Posted by XtremeVette:
[B
Being that the temperature here in New England dropped pretty good today (73 out)....my car just seemed to run and feel soooo much better...its really weird!

1. Ran cooler and stronger (car really ran faster)
Cooler air = more power! More Fun! I use to have a turbo car and I really made some power when it was freezing outside! LOL [img]http]//www.corvetteforum.cc/ubb/biggrin.gif[/img]
2. Gas pedal became stiffer (felt more alive)
not squishy like a ford taurus!)
Stiffer, I'm not sure about. Better response because it's cooler, DEFIANTELY!
3. My torque converter problem (shuddering feeling) felt better did not really seem to feel it at all)
This I have no clue on.
4. Just felt tighter and more stable
I've noticed if it's really cold, the car is VERY ruff. If it's warm, it seems just right. If it's HOT, it can get spongy at times. I've been told the temp effectives the tire sidewalls. This would explan this.
5. Exhaust sounded louder and deeper
Cooler air is denser. More air in = more air out.

just a couple things I noticed (being a really picky person....I pick up on the smallest things)

just wanted to know if it is me...or in anybody else noticed some or all of these things with their cars.

[/B][/color]

Old 07-26-2001, 11:22 AM
R23HTC
Le Mans Master

Received 182 Likes on 122 Posts

Sorry that post didn't come up the way I intended. I'll figure this stuff out eventually.
Old 07-26-2001, 01:49 PM
BubbleHead
Melting Slicks

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Cool air = dense air = more air = MORE POWER

Old 07-26-2001, 01:51 PM
gh86E
Burning Brakes

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I've noticed the same things. I don't even like driving the car during summer now (esp. very hot days). It just seems more responsive and more pleasant to drive on cooler days. Not that's it's sluggish when hot (I've lowered my engine temperature at least 20 degrees, and I've got a cold air induction box). But it just likes that denser cooler air.

Old 07-26-2001, 01:52 PM
RogueVette
Safety Car

Cruise-In III Veteran

yeah mine's the same way. it is especially noticeable after it has been hot for a while and you start to get used to the way it drives when it's hot out. the cooler the air the harder she'll run that should be even more noticeable with all the intake mods you have made.

Old 07-26-2001, 02:24 PM
Bob Lapine
Instructor

Yup ! Cool dense air works wonders, makes your engine seem alive especially after driving in real hot weather. Ever notice when flying on a hot day it take the plane longer to leave the ground, the air is less dense , thus no lift. On a cool day , the air is more dense, thus when a plane takes off it uses less runway to take off. That's why some cars come with an inter-cooler...

Old 07-26-2001, 02:27 PM
90Callaway
Pro

It's not weird at all... makes perfect sense. You think it makes a difference with a normally aspirated car, you should see what that cool dense air does for forced induction! It's like adding a small dose of nitrous.

Old 07-26-2001, 02:42 PM
SCVette
Heel & Toe

My cars love the cool spring and fall Colorado air. Any thing under about 60 degrees is like having and extra 40 hp. I do use Nitrous for cooling the intake charge. A 75 hp shot of nirous used with the Callaway 10 lbs of boost feels equivalent to 125 hp shot on a naturally aspirated car.
Taylor

Get notified of new replies

To Anybody Else's Car act like this?

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: Anybody Else's Car act like this?