C4 Tech/Performance L98 Corvette and LT1 Corvette Technical Info, Internal Engine, External Engine

Man it keeps getting worse and worse!! (Better and Better?)

Search this Thread

Old 07-26-2001, 11:53 AM
BillRed85
Racer

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Well after finding out my car was only hitting on 7 cyl. I was very impressed with its performance.

I noticed when I pulled into the garage from it's maiden voyage, there was a tick or allmost a light knock in the motor.. I hoped it was loud injectors, but knew it was something more...

Well I found it!! while removing the rocker arms to retorque the head, I noticed the #1 Exhaust rocker was all but falling off!! The adjustment nut had backed itself off and the rocker was VERY loose! at first I thought it must have been one of the rockers I had to take off to put on the superRam, but it was nowhere near that area.. Which means it came from the engine shop like that!

Well I hope this is the only thing I find wrong with the motor!! all the othernuts were still tight..

So I have had one plug that hasnt fired, and an exhaust valve that probably wasnt opening much, if any!!

Bill
Old 07-26-2001, 01:07 PM
art91
Drifting

Scary stuff! Did you get any kind of warranty?

Good luck, and hope this is the last of your problems for awhile.

Art

Old 07-26-2001, 02:29 PM
BillRed85
Racer

I have a lifetime warranty on laborand machine work and stuff like that. I'm hoping this was a fluke...

Bill

Get notified of new replies

To Man it keeps getting worse and worse!! (Better and Better?)

Quick Reply: Man it keeps getting worse and worse!! (Better and Better?)