C4 Tech/Performance L98 Corvette and LT1 Corvette Technical Info, Internal Engine, External Engine

left turn signal not flashing. changed bulbs. wheres the flasher

Search this Thread

Old 10-28-2004, 06:39 AM
rustangkiller
Racer

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default left turn signal not flashing. changed bulbs. wheres the flasher

my left turn signals dont flash. they just stay on. the hazards flash all 4 though. i changed the 2 tail light bulbs and the one front turn signal. they still dont flash and when i turn my lights on the left tail lights dont come on at all unless i pull down the turn signal to the left or hit my brakes. i have the flasher but i couldnt find it. its suppose to be to the left of the steering wheel under the dash but theres nothing under there. do i have to take off a plastic piece to get to it. is there an easyer way to change the out board tail light bulb. the book said you could reach from the bottom but i couldnt find a way so i just reached through the license plate hole and did it. thought i was going to break my arm but i got it out and changed it. im thinking that maybe the new bulbs were bad and thats why they dont light up when the lights come on. im frustraighted. please help me.
Old 10-28-2004, 07:37 AM
jutammel
Instructor

I had the same problem and my right turn signal indicator light was burning all the time when car was running. Replaced bulbs, nothing happened. Replaced flasher, nothing happened.Then I checked the wiring and found couple of detached wires wrapped inside black taping. Connected those wires and voila! It cured the problem
Old 10-28-2004, 07:45 AM
rustangkiller
Racer

im not to good with the wiring deal. just to be on the safe side where is the flasher located. im going to try that before i take it to an electrition. has any one here bought bulbs that were defective. can you always tell if there defective by the broken wires inside?
Old 10-28-2004, 08:00 AM
jutammel
Instructor

Yep, if a bulb has a broken wire it's defective. In my car the flasher module was located under passenger side dash. You can get access to it from the under the dash from the foot area. Just remove the cover and the flasher is near the ECM. I have -88 you know.

About wires, you can always check the wires that come from the fogbulb assemply and all those wires that are easily accessible. Just reconnect wires if they have gotten loose.
Old 10-28-2004, 11:21 AM
rustangkiller
Racer

any one changed it on the 90 or higher model. i know that therein a differant place than earlyer ones.
Old 10-28-2004, 02:50 PM
CFI-EFI
Race Director

Received 23 Likes on 22 Posts

The car has two flashers. One for turn signals and one for the 4 way hazzard lights. If the turn signals work in either direction, the turn signal flasher is good. Don't waste time looking for it.

RACE ON!!!
Old 10-28-2004, 02:52 PM
bogus
Team Owner

Received 33 Likes on 31 Posts

Originally Posted by rustangkiller
any one changed it on the 90 or higher model. i know that therein a differant place than earlyer ones.
under the passengers side knee bolster.
Old 10-28-2004, 04:01 PM
USAsOnlyWay
Le Mans Master

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Did you check the fuse panel?
Old 10-28-2004, 04:50 PM
rustangkiller
Racer

yah. theres just one fuse ilm lft right? they come on. they just dont flash. so that would be its somthing else. the left fog light is out. do you think that could affect the turn signal not working. im going to check the new bulbs in the back to make sure.
Old 10-28-2004, 07:20 PM
Rick86
Burning Brakes

Sounds like a bad ground. I have this same intermittant problem. Put the turn signal on and giggle the wire where it plugs into the turn signal bulb, this usually gets my turn signal working again.
Old 10-28-2004, 08:24 PM
BillSF49
Instructor

The actual flasher is under the left side knee bolster under the instrument panel, mine was doing similiar things, this fixed my problems.

Get notified of new replies

To left turn signal not flashing. changed bulbs. wheres the flasher

Quick Reply: left turn signal not flashing. changed bulbs. wheres the flasher