C4 Tech/Performance L98 Corvette and LT1 Corvette Technical Info, Internal Engine, External Engine

NO GO BOB T (VETTENUTS)....and to Craig Marcho

Old 07-28-2001, 02:16 PM
XtremeVette
NCM Bash 2008-2018
Support Corvetteforum!

Location: Granby, MA Talladega Super Speedway Vettes 4 Vets Ambassador
Received 75 Likes on 60 Posts
Middle TN Events Coordinator
Cruise-In 1, 3, 9. 10 & 11 Veteran

well tried it Bob...no go...that plug is just not coming out....I did everything you said....waited for it to be stone cold and then tried...very carefully...the steel on that plug is just way too soft...and it is all rounded now.....so...I guess I have to get a chip now.....so heres the catch....and I hope you see this Craig.....I want the chip solely to have my fans (both of them) come on at like 180 (my thermostat is 160).....pretty much that is it...Iam quite happy with the performance already.....and don't want to mess my car/computer up at all......so Craig if you could get me that chip out that would be great....as I am going to Maine in like 3 weeks...and would like to try the chip in my car for a week or two to make sure it is going to work out ok......Iam just really skeptic to these things because I got several chips (superchip & fastchip) for my sunbird and neither worked).....they actually did something funky to the computer....cause now everytime I unplug the battery....the car takes like 3 days to learn how it is suppose to run...the rpms surges and sometimes the car stalls in reverse....this never happen until I started messing around with the chips....and I thought by putting my original chip back in would straighten everything out....but it did not.....so I have learned to live with the 3 day adjustment period in the Subird. However I would really not like to do that to my vette....so I am just looking to get my fans on earlier without hurting my cars program...thats all......let me know if you can burn me that chip and get it out...ok...Craig...thanks......

Thanks again for trying to help too Bob T....I will put your tool back in the mail Monday and get it back to you....thanks again......Jeff

Old 07-28-2001, 02:52 PM
vettenuts
Team Owner

Received 186 Likes on 169 Posts

Jeff, sorry to here it didn't work out. At least the head isn't leaking where the plug is. If it's any consolation, I used a Performance Resource chip to control my fans and didn't have any problems. So it sound like a chip is the way to go. Let us know how you make out.

Old 07-28-2001, 03:14 PM
RED90SIXLT1
Advanced

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

The plug in my other car, an 86, rounded off too. I drilled it out and had no problems. The switch was definitely the way to go if you don't want to screw around with a chip. Personally, I think a chip is waste of your money if all you want to do is turn on your fan earlier. Out of the box, without any tuning, chips wont do you much noticeable difference anyway. If you don't feel comfortable drilling it out yourself, take it somewhere. NAPA sells the switch for about 8 bucks.
Old 07-28-2001, 03:26 PM
BBA
Safety Car

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

RED90SIXLT1

When I went to NAPA, they looded and said they don't have the switch nor could the get it. GM sells it, but for over over $35.00.
Old 07-28-2001, 03:32 PM
XtremeVette
NCM Bash 2008-2018
Support Corvetteforum!

Bob.....who makes performance resource chips...?...never heard of them

Old 07-28-2001, 05:55 PM
Marcho Polo
Le Mans Master

Received 1,620 Likes on 739 Posts
2024 Corvette of the Year Finalist - Unmodified
2023 C8 of the Year Winner - Unmodified
2020 Corvette of the Year Finalist (stock)
2019 C7 of Year Winner (stock)
Former Moderator
Cruise-In I-II-III Veteran

Jeff,

I should be able to mail your chip out Monday. Did you send your address to me? I think you did, but maybe email it to me again to make sure. send it to cmarcho@hotmail.com and I'll let you know when it's on the way. You'll just owe me the cost of the memcal so I can get another one for a spare. I'll email you the details.

Old 07-29-2001, 08:08 AM
vettenuts
Team Owner

Received 186 Likes on 169 Posts

Originally Posted by XtremeVette:
[B
Bob.....who makes performance resource chips...?...never heard of them

[/B][/color]
//www.performanceresource.com]www.performanceresource.com

I had a few problems with the chip when I first got it though, I had to send it back and have the programming changed as they didn't compensate correctly for shutting off EGR. Don't know if they only did mine, of changed their program on all of them. If Craig can just change the fan temp on/off, then that is the way to go.

Old 07-29-2001, 03:38 PM
XtremeVette
NCM Bash 2008-2018
Support Corvetteforum!

Thanks for the info bob...appreciate it....Craig....you got mail..or should have...but in case you don't....my address is as follows

Jeff Aldrich
26 Porter Street
Granby, MA 01033

and I will send you a check out soon as I get the info from you...k.....

Get notified of new replies

To NO GO BOB T (VETTENUTS)....and to Craig Marcho

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: NO GO BOB T (VETTENUTS)....and to Craig Marcho