C4 Tech/Performance L98 Corvette and LT1 Corvette Technical Info, Internal Engine, External Engine

Epilog-Ok, I got the waterpump in my hands

Search this Thread

Old 07-28-2001, 09:47 PM
C4
Racer

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Promised I give an update. My back hursts but it is in and does not leak. While down there, I cleaned up a bunch of stuff. Rooted around and looked at the opti and thought about going further, taking off flywheel and pulling everything to look at the timing chain. Ok, I didn't, but I know where to go, should I ever consider. Filled up the system, let it get warm, and low and behold I spring a leak on the hose to the radiator. Now I don't know if that was it the whole time, or if it was the waterpump. I did notice that the coupling which connects the pump was pretty rusted, maybe it was the pump, around where it goes thru the housing. Anyway, tomarrow, I off to NAPA to get a new hose and see if my job is successfully complete. At least I got a new waterpump out of the deal...It's single barrel time...-C4-

Old 07-28-2001, 11:39 PM
65Z01
Team Owner

Received 300 Likes on 274 Posts
Cruise-In II Veteran

If an LT1 water pump is anything like an L98, you probably had more fun with your clothes on than you ever thought possible.

Old 07-29-2001, 12:29 AM
C4
Racer

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I might agreee with that except for constant bending. Ya know I been thinking about one of those lifts. Something which puts the bottom of the tires about knee high....You climb up and ride the puppy. Unless I install another bay, that is kinda out of the question...I'm waiting until tomaroow to see what the next sunshine brings...That's after a couple of single barrels and "shi++ what size is that again, is it a 16mm or a 5/8"....-C4-

Get notified of new replies

To Epilog-Ok, I got the waterpump in my hands

Quick Reply: Epilog-Ok, I got the waterpump in my hands