C4 Tech/Performance L98 Corvette and LT1 Corvette Technical Info, Internal Engine, External Engine

Fuel Injector "O" rings... too small???

Search this Thread

Old 12-15-2004, 11:01 PM
EPiC Vette
Drifting

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default Fuel Injector "O" rings... too small???

Bought fuel injectors from Five O Motorsports. Bruce is great . Shipped stuff right out. But I remember him saying something about the new injectors might be a little loose, might have to change O rings, 14mm to 16mm, something like that. I wrote notes, just not good notes.

FF to today. Car is in the shop. Decided to have it done instead of doing it myself. It was a good call. Anyway, the mechanic called and said the new injectors were too loose for his comfort .

Anyone know what size O rings I need??? Got a call in with Bruce, but my car is sitting in a shop half- torn apart tonight !

Thanks, all!!!

-Eric
Old 12-15-2004, 11:25 PM
CentralCoaster
Team Owner

Location: San Diego , CA Double Yellow DirtBags 1985..Z51..6-speed
Received 17 Likes on 16 Posts

My 85 uses # -203 (This is the AS568A number).

Also known as: 5/16" nominal ID, 9/16" nominal OD, 1/8" nominal width. Normal butyl rubber too, not Viton.

I found em at True Value. Some of the hardware stores didn't have this specific size.
Old 12-15-2004, 11:48 PM
EPiC Vette
Drifting

CC...

I remember you posted that you've done these a lot. Did you always use Delco (or whatever the GM- branded injectors are)?

Thanks!
-E
Old 12-15-2004, 11:59 PM
CentralCoaster
Team Owner

Location: San Diego , CA Double Yellow DirtBags 1985..Z51..6-speed
Received 17 Likes on 16 Posts

I've had 93 multec LT1 injectors in... then back to my original GM rochester labeled (bosch style) injectors after getting em done at Cruzin performance. Both fit the same (although the multecs were junk)

When you find the orings, buy all of em. I like having extras of these little b.s. type parts.
Old 12-16-2004, 12:36 AM
EPiC Vette
Drifting

Thanks, man!
-Eric
Old 12-16-2004, 11:31 PM
howdo
Instructor

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Default my experience with the 50 motorsport injectors

I installed the 50 bosch pink topped injectors on my stock 91. Bruce told me not to use the clips. In my opinion, not using the clips allowed the injectors to float up/down too much. I know they could never come out beacuse the are between the rail and the intake, but I thought thay could move up/down and possibly break the o-ring seal. So, I used the top slot (others on the forum did this too).

I used the o-rings that came with the injectors.

Anyways, the car runs better than it ever did. However, my mpg went from 20 to 16. Scanned the car, and basically, the block learn shows that I have a minor vacuum leak, which explains the poor mpg.

Now I wonder if my vacuum leak is from using the wrong o-ring on the injectors.

Let me know how your injectors work for you.

good luck
Old 12-17-2004, 12:20 AM
EPiC Vette
Drifting

My mechanic talked to Bruce @ 5.0 this morning, as well as another shop in SoCal that's done more than a few of these installations. As of now we're going with the O rings on the new injectors. From what people are saying, they're a loose fit, but they seal.

Believe me when I say I'm gonna watch them very closely. I know that under that hood things get very hot, and leaking gas on anything is just not good at all.

That being said... I'm glad I went to a shop, even though whatever $$$ I saved buying 5.0 injectors is gonna be offset (probably heavily!) with this bill.

Oh, well... I've got the rest of my life to pay it off!

-Eric
Old 12-17-2004, 01:42 AM
cash's90
Instructor

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Fel-Pro provides 8 seals with their MS 93318 Intake Manifold Set. Fel-Pro's seal part number is 90467. They worked well with my pink top installation.

Get notified of new replies

To Fuel Injector "O" rings... too small???

Quick Reply: Fuel Injector "O" rings... too small???