C4 ZR-1 Discussion General ZR-1 Corvette Discussion, LT5 Corvette Technical Info, Performance Upgrades, Suspension Setup for Street or Track

Lumbar Question

Search this Thread

Old 04-22-2005, 07:52 PM
LowFlight
Team Owner

Received 50 Likes on 47 Posts
St. Jude Donor '03, '17
Cruise-In V Veteran

Default Lumbar Question

I know I should post in C4 as well and I probably will.

Well, the motors work and the bladders have NO punture at all. I replaced the driver one with some rubber glove part anyway and ...no dice..the seats will not inflate.

What 'cha think?
Old 04-22-2005, 09:17 PM
Rex Ruby
Le Mans Master

Received 62 Likes on 36 Posts
Philly 'Burbs Events Coordinator

Was the rubber glove material heavy enough? I've used a playtex glove.
Bladder is good? Can you inflate it? Does it hold?
If yes to all above, I'd look for a leak at the air hoses, connectors and valves.
Old 04-22-2005, 11:45 PM
Mikez40
Melting Slicks

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

I think one of your air lines may be cracked. Look them over really good, there is a bunch under there.
Old 04-23-2005, 12:24 AM
vettefun
Racer

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by Mikez40
I think one of your air lines may be cracked. Look them over really good, there is a bunch under there.

Great place to start and if not check this out:

Not sure if this is your problem, but heres the description:

When the motor/pump runs, but the bladder does not inflate, the lumbar repair kit offers huge savings compared to replacing the entire motor/pump. This kit controls the backrest bladder.

Good Luck

Here's the link:
http://www.ecklers.com/product.asp?p...BXPN5VBACJ754E
Old 04-23-2005, 08:55 AM
LowFlight
Team Owner

St. Jude Donor '03, '17
Cruise-In V Veteran

The seal on the old bladder and the new makeshift bladder are tight. I guess I gotta go into the lines etc. It really isn't a big deal for something I rarely use..but it is just something to fix to make the car more perfect.
Old 04-23-2005, 12:59 PM
415LT5-badZR-1
Pro

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by LowFlight
The seal on the old bladder and the new makeshift bladder are tight. I guess I gotta go into the lines etc. It really isn't a big deal for something I rarely use..but it is just something to fix to make the car more perfect.

Ok - you're using incorrect terminology. The bladder is the device that holds the air in the lumbar portion of the seat. The diaphragm is the rubber piece that is moved by the motor when you press the button on the seat, and pumps air into the system to inflate the bladders. Are you talking about a faulty bladder or diaphragm? If you're talking about patched diaphragms, I'd take them off the car, and redo them in a good quality rubber glove material (ones used for washing dishes) - this will ensure that they are actually air-tight. Once you've done this, if the bladders still don't inflate (unlikely), then you have a leak in the bladder itself, and you need to remove the whole system to find the leak - pump them up, and dunk them in water (bath-tub) - patch the leak, and re-install.
Old 04-23-2005, 01:23 PM
LowFlight
Team Owner

St. Jude Donor '03, '17
Cruise-In V Veteran

Originally Posted by 415LT5-badZR-1
Ok - you're using incorrect terminology. The bladder is the device that holds the air in the lumbar portion of the seat. The diaphragm is the rubber piece that is moved by the motor when you press the button on the seat, and pumps air into the system to inflate the bladders. Are you talking about a faulty bladder or diaphragm? If you're talking about patched diaphragms, I'd take them off the car, and redo them in a good quality rubber glove material (ones used for washing dishes) - this will ensure that they are actually air-tight. Once you've done this, if the bladders still don't inflate (unlikely), then you have a leak in the bladder itself, and you need to remove the whole system to find the leak - pump them up, and dunk them in water (bath-tub) - patch the leak, and re-install.
I replaced the diaphragms and it still won't air-up. I guess I have a job ahead. I will probably just fix the Driver side for now.

Get notified of new replies

To Lumbar Question

Quick Reply: Lumbar Question