C4 ZR-1 Discussion General ZR-1 Corvette Discussion, LT5 Corvette Technical Info, Performance Upgrades, Suspension Setup for Street or Track

Black ZR1 oil filters

Search this Thread

Old 08-17-2001, 09:00 PM
LT5
Le Mans Master

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Default Black ZR1 oil filters

I thought parts stores only carried the blue ones..... I found a whole bunch of black ones at a local parts chain :confused:
Old 08-19-2001, 01:03 AM
ZR1991
Drifting

Default Re: Black ZR1 oil filters (L98FIRE)

Yeh, I always heard the same thing (I think a rumor spread by MAD in their catalogue), but have always used the black. But I recently changed to the new Mobil 1 (M1-207), and it has a VERY good anti drain valve, and I notice a difference in the normal chain tensioner noise, not so much in daily starting, but really noticeable after the car has sat for a week.

And I paint them black! Is that ****? My wife just laughs.
Old 08-19-2001, 02:26 AM
MWR
Pro

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

The black AC Delcos are a Carlisle'thing'.... as with most discussions on the best this or that, any quality filter will do its job. That one is OEM and nothing special. Having said that, I also use the rather pricey Mobil-1 MI-207's. If your chains rattle on startup, you've been running it hard as you should and no oil or filter will alleviate it. Like the tranny noise at a stoplight, it simply attracts attention and admiriation of your rear end (um, the car's rear end.... ;) )

I have an 106K mile SOHC Chrysler that rattles on startup too... trust me, if I'm in a hurry, it stays in the driveway while the 92K mile LT5 backs out

Rgds,
Mark
'92 ZR-1 #032
Old 08-19-2001, 06:58 PM
78Nova
4th Gear

You need to stop worrying about oil filters and start learning how to drive that ZR-1:hat You also need to put your foot on the pedal. and stop being a fingercat fooy on the pedal..... He ran a 14:60! I have seen imports go faster than that!!!!! HEHEHEHEHEHEEHAHAHAH Alamo Dragway
Old 08-20-2001, 05:45 AM
the oz
Team Owner

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Default Re: Black ZR1 oil filters (78Nova)

You need to stop worrying about oil filters and start learning how to drive that ZR-1:hat You also need to put your foot on the pedal. and stop being a fingercat fooy on the pedal..... He ran a 14:60! I have seen imports go faster than that!!!!! HEHEHEHEHEHEEHAHAHAH Alamo Dragway
Uh okay :troll

Get notified of new replies

To Black ZR1 oil filters

Quick Reply: Black ZR1 oil filters