C4 ZR-1 Discussion General ZR-1 Corvette Discussion, LT5 Corvette Technical Info, Performance Upgrades, Suspension Setup for Street or Track

Backfire on ZR1 ???

Search this Thread

Old 09-10-2001, 09:15 AM
Mylzi
Drifting

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Default Backfire on ZR1 ???

I have heard that backfire sometimes is a problem with LT5.

Couple days ago it happed first time.. Or then it did BANG on exchaust I dont know..

Happend when I did start car when engine was cold. Maybe I shouldnt have pressed gas pedal little at same time.. :D

Have you had backfire ??
Old 09-10-2001, 01:56 PM
OldZR-1Guy
Racer

Default Re: Backfire on ZR1 ??? (Mylzi)

Never push on the accelerator when starting the ZR-1, or any modern fuel injected car for that matter. Depress the clutch pedal to the floor, turn the key so that the electronics and gauges come up for 3-5 seconds, then turn the key to crank the car. Hold the key engaged until the engine fires. The car's brain is looking for the proper ignition sequence through various sensors and it won't let the car start until it reads the proper codes. That's why the car sometimes starts immediately and sometimes will turn over several times before starting. If you start the car in the above order you shouldn't be getting any backfires.
Old 09-10-2001, 04:26 PM
Mylzi
Drifting

Default Re: Backfire on ZR1 ??? (OldZR-1Guy)

I know.. :rolleyes:

But when engine fires.. I think that if you press little gas pedal after that .. It starts sooner/easyer and gets oil pressure up more quickly.

I hate that chain voice that comes before oil pressure has risen.. :confused:
Old 09-10-2001, 09:20 PM
ZROne
Burning Brakes

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Default Re: Backfire on ZR1 ??? (Mylzi)

I get a nice backfire noise when rev the car a little and let off the gas (or stop racing <g>)... the vacuum that results makes a nice popping noise :-)

sirhC

Get notified of new replies

To Backfire on ZR1 ???

Quick Reply: Backfire on ZR1 ???