C4 ZR-1 Discussion General ZR-1 Corvette Discussion, LT5 Corvette Technical Info, Performance Upgrades, Suspension Setup for Street or Track

Just returned from Corey Henderson's

Search this Thread

Old 02-13-2007, 02:23 PM
Sgreg
Pro

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Default Just returned from Corey Henderson's

Just picked up my Z from Corey in New Braunfels and got a tour of his great new shop. It is first class with all modern equipment to accomplish nearly any high performance task. Corey did a P/P on the plenum and injector housings on my 91. This plus a Corsa catback exhaust netted me 60 RWHP and 20+ lbs/ft of torque. Very impressive and noticeable in all gears. He also refinished the motor in near stock color only better. Corey is just a great guy and one of the best tuners in the Corvette world. Those of us in Texas are very lucky to have him so near. Thanks, Corey and also thanks to Bob Hall for picking me up at the San Antonio airport. It's great to shoot the bull with guys that love these cars as much as I do !!!

Greg
Old 02-13-2007, 02:29 PM
guinnessdood
Drifting

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by Sgreg
Just picked up my Z from Corey in New Braunfels and got a tour of his great new shop. It is first class with all modern equipment to accomplish nearly any high performance task. Corey did a P/P on the plenum and injector housings on my 91. This plus a Corsa catback exhaust netted me 60 RWHP and 20+ lbs/ft of torque. Very impressive and noticeable in all gears. He also refinished the motor in near stock color only better. Corey is just a great guy and one of the best tuners in the Corvette world. Those of us in Texas are very lucky to have him so near. Thanks, Corey and also thanks to Bob Hall for picking me up at the San Antonio airport. It's great to shoot the bull with guys that love these cars as much as I do !!!

Greg
I Second That Emotion...the entire post!
Old 02-13-2007, 02:36 PM
YorkL8apex
Melting Slicks
Support Corvetteforum!

Its great to have guys still interested in working on the LT5 With Cory and guys like Gordon Killebrew (shown below in red shirt at a ZR-1 clinic) still out there sharing their experiences from GM with the tuners, these motors will be shocking rice burners and exotics for years to come.

Last edited by YorkL8apex; 02-13-2007 at 02:42 PM.
Old 02-13-2007, 04:21 PM
willie mac
Racer

how was the drive home I don't know how I didn't get a ticket after leaving Coreys. MY right foot had a mind of it own,it kept going to the floor and for some reason had to replace the rear tires when i got home. Coreys work is first class and his tuning abilities second to none. Shoot I drove 1550mi to have him work on mine. I can hardly wait till he tells me to bring the red car for a 368 .his pricing is very fair .you won't be dissapointed ,of that I am sure
Old 02-13-2007, 04:41 PM
Sgreg
Pro

Yeah, Willie Mac, I can identify with the speed thing. Need a V-1 really bad. Got several chances to shift down and floor it and it really pulled hard. I can just imagine how the big cube motors run. Bob Hall who picked me up in San Antonio has a 95 385 that lays down 513 RWHP. That should get anyones' attention. I failed to say in my post that Corey is worth a drive like you took. He is very good at what he does and I will be a loyal customer of his for as long as I am able to drive machinery.
Old 02-13-2007, 05:56 PM
GTB/ZR-1
Safety Car

Received 77 Likes on 53 Posts

Nice gains Greg, it only progresses from here...
Old 02-13-2007, 06:50 PM
willie mac
Racer

Next time your @ coreys make uncle Bob give you the E ticket ride. that car is what I want mine to be when it grows up. Corey drove bobs with me in the passenger seat . first gear was a joke just blew the tires off . he short shifted to second and gently squezzed the gas down the car hooked but as it got to 5k the tires broke loose and it was all he could do to keep it straight. i think i litterly sucked the seat up. I shall remember that ride as long as I live. Iwant a stroker If anyone wants to sell their stroker please contact me .I'd sell everything I have for a good stroker.
Old 02-13-2007, 06:58 PM
tnz5106
Burning Brakes

Can you give me more info on Corey and his location? I am working in Dallas and need to get my '92 Z checked out!!!.....thanks......Perry
Old 02-13-2007, 07:02 PM
Sgreg
Pro

Bob turned 181 in the mile. Pretty salty. It's amazing what 385 cubes and 513 RWHP can do !!!
Old 02-13-2007, 07:14 PM
dbriana
Burning Brakes

Originally Posted by tnz5106
Can you give me more info on Corey and his location? I am working in Dallas and need to get my '92 Z checked out!!!.....thanks......Perry
http://www.hendersonperformance.com
Old 02-13-2007, 08:18 PM
DDSLT5
Team Owner

Received 68 Likes on 40 Posts

Bob turned 181 in the mile. Pretty salty. It's amazing what 385 cubes and 513 RWHP can do !!!
Indeed it is! Next time, tell him to hit the JUICE!!!!
Old 02-13-2007, 09:05 PM
Sgreg
Pro

Perry- Corey is not your average wrench. He has a mechanical engineering degree from Texas A&M and is a ZR-1 owner. He is in New Braunfels just north of San Antonio and just south of Austin. Take 35 south and the New Braunfels exit on 46 to Loop 337 and you're there. His web site is just populating so you can't see his new shop. It is spectacular.
Old 02-13-2007, 09:20 PM
phrogs
Race Director

Received 34 Likes on 22 Posts

Who is that sexy **** with the flashlight??

Originally Posted by YorkL8apex
Old 02-13-2007, 09:38 PM
YorkL8apex
Melting Slicks
Support Corvetteforum!

See I keep finding reasons to post that pic of your Marine mug digging into the guts of your LT5 hardware Johnny
Old 02-16-2007, 11:46 AM
korvetkeith
Melting Slicks

Perry- Corey is not your average wrench. He has a mechanical engineering degree from Texas A&M and is a ZR-1 owner. He is in New Braunfels just north of San Antonio and just south of Austin. Take 35 south and the New Braunfels exit on 46 to Loop 337 and you're there. His web site is just populating so you can't see his new shop. It is spectacular.
Thought he went to UTA?
Old 02-16-2007, 01:46 PM
MTIZ07
Instructor

Originally Posted by korvetkeith
Thought he went to UTA?
He went to UTSA!!!

Get notified of new replies

To Just returned from Corey Henderson's

Quick Reply: Just returned from Corey Henderson's