C4 ZR-1 Discussion General ZR-1 Corvette Discussion, LT5 Corvette Technical Info, Performance Upgrades, Suspension Setup for Street or Track

Need to replace or restore a Camel Seat

Search this Thread

Old 11-16-2023, 02:37 PM
Brandon's Z
Instructor

Received 12 Likes on 11 Posts
Default Need to replace or restore a Camel Seat

Not sure this is the correct place but wanted some opinions. I have a 90 red/ tan that I love. I drive it as much as weather/work allows. my passenger seat is good but the driver seat isn't. I have been looking for a single take out and haven't found any. Anyone had an interior shop pieces in leather on the bolsters? Where would I look for take outs? Anyone been through this on a single seat?
Old 11-19-2023, 04:02 PM
jrd1990zr1
Pro

Received 12 Likes on 12 Posts

I had a small tear in the bolster of my light gray seat in my 1990. I found an independent business who does leather seat repair for high end cars through a local BMW dealer. I pulled the seats out and he repaired the tear on the bench, I then put the drivers seat in the passenger side and passenger side in the drivers side. The repair to the seat is invisible.
Old 11-21-2023, 09:31 AM
Rush91
Pro

Received 109 Likes on 55 Posts

I have the saddle colored seats as well and when I bought it, the drivers bolster had a huge hole in it......A very common C4 issue. I ended up finding a local upholstrey shop and he made me a new bolster. Can't tell there was ever a rip in the leather now. I was in the same boat as you and tried a few places but no luck.........Try Mirrock Corvette, or Al Knoch interior. Knoch may sell you just a bolster but I dought it..........Keep searching Ebay and look on some C4 Corvette groups on Facebook. You may get lucky but your best bet would be finding a local leather shop, and maybe for about $200 -300 bucks they can repair it.....
Old 11-29-2023, 12:58 PM
vettehardt
Burning Brakes

Received 68 Likes on 56 Posts

I believe my dad got just the bolster from Corvette Central (his is red though). He replaced it once on his 90, but it needs it again. Gets too much wear when getting in/out of it going through the window while in an enclosed trailer.

Get notified of new replies

To Need to replace or restore a Camel Seat

Quick Reply: Need to replace or restore a Camel Seat