C4 ZR-1 Discussion General ZR-1 Corvette Discussion, LT5 Corvette Technical Info, Performance Upgrades, Suspension Setup for Street or Track

Fellow ZR1 brothers, I need your help!!

Search this Thread

Old 11-04-2007, 08:53 AM
C1ANDZR1
Racer

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by DDSLT5
Who exactly are you? He is passionate about the King - he has every right to do so! I think some Halcion for you is in order!

Old 11-04-2007, 09:14 AM
TONYDEE64
Drifting

Originally Posted by C1ANDZR1
I need some too... can I forward my PO box??? Also send massive quantities of Tamiflu!!!!!
Old 11-04-2007, 11:45 AM
DDSLT5
Team Owner

Received 68 Likes on 40 Posts

Originally Posted by TONYDEE64
I need some too... can I forward my PO box??? Also send massive quantities of Tamiflu!!!!!
I'll send it directly to URI!!! You haven't moved corporate headquarters have you?
Old 11-04-2007, 11:48 AM
TONYDEE64
Drifting

I'll send it directly to URI!!! You haven't moved corporate headquarters have you?
Oh no.. but we've moved into larger more luxurious accomodations... Speaking of larger accomodations, ummm... do you have any of those colorful uplifting pills....? for a friend....
Old 11-04-2007, 11:52 AM
DDSLT5
Team Owner

Oh no.. but we've moved into larger more luxurious accomodations... Speaking of larger accomodations, ummm... do you have any of those colorful uplifting pills....? for a friend....
Business slow at Unicorn? I've always got a gross of special pills for my best buds! I'll forward it to 111 Mythical Ave., Heaven Hearth, HI

Is my information correct? I hate when we move so much!
Old 11-04-2007, 01:49 PM
TONYDEE64
Drifting

Business slow at Unicorn? I've always got a gross of special pills for my best buds! I'll forward it to 111 Mythical Ave., Heaven Hearth, HI

Is my information correct? I hate when we move so much!
Ya, I'll get them there.... sometimes you have to "move" when you deal in questionable performance parts...
Old 11-04-2007, 01:57 PM
DDSLT5
Team Owner

Ya, I'll get them there.... sometimes you have to "move" when you deal in questionable performance parts...
How's that procharged big block these days? Still kicking *** and taking names? What power levels did you eventually see from that monster?
Old 11-04-2007, 02:07 PM
wb9mcw
Instructor

Originally Posted by tnz5106
Hey Guys, I have been hanging out on the z06 page since a bought a z06 back in the summer. I am in the middle of a heated debate over on that page. These guys over there dont see anything wrong with calling the upcoming 650 hp corvette a zr1. I have tried to explain the best I can, but I need some backing. This is what I said in my last post..

You guys dont get it do you? I know the zr1 was used briefly before in '70 or '71. But it was very rare and unsuccessful. Only corvette purists and fanatics have ever heard of it. The c6 z06 is a continuation of the c5 z06, so I dont see anyone being offended there.
In modern corvette history, or lets say probably 90% of people that know anything about corvettes, the zr1 is this:

1) The only corvette with an engine not built by gm.

2) The only dual overhead cam non pushrod engine EVER in a corvette.

3) The only corvette with an engine that is a total different design than the standard option engine.

4) The only hemi head engine EVER in a gm car(I believe thats correct)

I know there is more than that, but I cant recall them.

The bottom line is this. Twenty years from now, when someone says zr1 I dont want to hear " Which zr1, the one in the '90s or the more recent one. When people hear zr1 now, they remember the dual overhead "king of the hill" beast that turned the euro sports car market on its ears!! Dont any of you get this? Its not like gm is resurrecting the beast, they are putting a sacred emblem on a souped up z06. Hell, why dont they call it zo6 SS or something?

I think I need some help from my buddies on the zr1 page on this. I am not that good with debates. But I will say this, if this is the concensus of feelings on this z06 forum, I think I have finally found a reason to kick the forum habit. Hell, if you guys are that cold and ignorant, I might just sell my z06 and keep my king of the hill.

Please help me!! The thread is titled "top 10 reasons not to buy a z06"
I SPOKE MY PEACE PERRY --- I AM NOW DONE WITH MY ANNUAL VISIT TO CF --- BACK TO WHERE THE REAL "KING'S" HANG OUT AT--
THE ZR-1 NET/REGISTRY FORUM!!!
Old 11-04-2007, 02:21 PM
Mekanic
Melting Slicks

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts

Honestly, I was a bit pizzed as well. I know I'm not a ZR1 owner, but I love them with a passion.

I just hate the idea of seeing "What Lloyd mats for my ZR1" and "Should I use Zaino on my ZR1 before storing it forever?"

makes me sad. Its not just the name and what it signifys, its the ZR1 owners, and TRUE ZR1 guys know what do do with a car like it, and thats drive the s**t out of it.

The owners of new generations are more worried about the status symbol and painting crap under the hood.
Old 11-04-2007, 02:43 PM
Zrxmax
Race Director

Received 77 Likes on 59 Posts

Originally Posted by Mekanic
Honestly, I was a bit pizzed as well. I know I'm not a ZR1 owner, but I love them with a passion.

I just hate the idea of seeing "What Lloyd mats for my ZR1" and "Should I use Zaino on my ZR1 before storing it forever?"

makes me sad. Its not just the name and what it signifys, its the ZR1 owners, and TRUE ZR1 guys know what do do with a car like it, and thats drive the s**t out of it.

The owners of new generations are more worried about the status symbol and painting crap under the hood.
The difference as you have pointed it out is simple to glean from your post... some people chose to live life now for all the fun it can be... and others fret about the future as if they had a gaurantee that tommorrow has already been promised to them. Like many have said, I am not storing my car for the next owner, I am going to enjoy it at every opportunity.
So... Mr. Mekanic... quit putting you life on hold and go out and get yourself a ZR-1... I know you can do it, you have already accomplished things in life that required more effort than filling out a loan application!
Life is what you make it... so, make it the way you want it.
Old 11-04-2007, 03:10 PM
Mekanic
Melting Slicks

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts

oooh, man. peer pressure is a **** lol.

But alas right now I'm out of work, and I have no idea who would give me a loan on a 12 year old car, its EXTREMELY hard to get financing on a 7 year old car, let alone one with the value of a ZR1.

Right now I'm happy beating the hell out of my LT4, and hanging out with C4 people, and ZR1 people, that know how to enjoy such amazing machines.
Old 11-04-2007, 05:37 PM
Zrxmax
Race Director

Received 77 Likes on 59 Posts

Originally Posted by Mekanic
oooh, man. peer pressure is a **** lol.

But alas right now I'm out of work, and I have no idea who would give me a loan on a 12 year old car, its EXTREMELY hard to get financing on a 7 year old car, let alone one with the value of a ZR1.

Right now I'm happy beating the hell out of my LT4, and hanging out with C4 people, and ZR1 people, that know how to enjoy such amazing machines.
No peer pressure intended ! All you have to do is get back to work... then... get creative with the financing !

I already know that until you actually own a ZR-1 and get to drive it like it was designed... you will always want one !

Meanwhile... your having fun with your LT4... and it is a good substitute... your just short 8 injectors, 3 cams, and 16 valves !
Old 11-06-2007, 07:35 PM
nickzvette
Racer

Default pass emissions

I also failed emissions test before and after having work done on my 90 zr1 when I lived in Illinois moved to ten. 2 yrs. ago failed emissions both times
but all 3 times passed after going to walmart and buying a bottle of guaranted to pass for about $7.50 I poured a half bottle into about 3fourths tank of gas drove about 20 miles took the test again and passed each time p s I did not follow instructions on the box
Old 11-07-2007, 12:55 AM
cadillac531
Pro

Received 11 Likes on 9 Posts

I, for one, don't support the idea of calling the new Blue Devil, "ZR-1." GM has stepped on the ZR-1 and its owners before, but there isn't anything any of us can do to make GM not use the name. It is their registered trademark and can use it as they wish.
Old 11-08-2007, 11:07 PM
solid dobe
Le Mans Master

Received 16 Likes on 12 Posts
St. Jude Donor '21

The bottom line is this. Twenty years from now, when someone says zr1 I dont want to hear " Which zr1, the one in the '90s or the more recent one. When people hear zr1 now, they remember the dual overhead "king of the hill" beast that turned the euro sports car market on its ears!! Dont any of you get this? Its not like gm is resurrecting the beast, they are putting a sacred emblem on a souped up z06. Hell, why dont they call it zo6 SS or something?

I think I need some help from my buddies on the zr1 page on this. I am not that good with debates. But I will say this, if this is the concensus of feelings on this z06 forum, I think I have finally found a reason to kick the forum habit. Hell, if you guys are that cold and ignorant, I might just sell my z06 and keep my king of the hill. [/COLOR]

I guess it went the other way. http://forums.corvetteforum.com/show....php?t=1857202
Old 11-09-2007, 02:45 AM
Z51JEFF
Race Director

Received 643 Likes on 420 Posts
2022 C4 of the Year Finalist - Modified

ZR-1 was an option.1970-1990 or 2010,A ZR-1 is a ZR-1 no matter how you look at it.
Old 11-11-2007, 04:56 PM
wb9mcw
Instructor

I think I need some help from my buddies on the zr1 page on this. I am not that good with debates. But I will say this, if this is the concensus of feelings on this z06 forum, I think I have finally found a reason to kick the forum habit. Hell, if you guys are that cold and ignorant, I might just sell my z06 and keep my king of the hill.

-----------------------------------------------------------------

For sale is my '92 ZR1. I bought this car in Febuary of this year with intentions of keeping it forever. I became very interested in the wonderful LT5 engines and the whole ZR1 Legacy. I have since bought a new Z06 and I cant keep both so it has to go. Everything works on the car except for the cd player. I put new tires on it at 42k miles. Engine runs great with no smoke or misses. Transmission is noisy like all 90-92 ZR1's, but thats normal. Interior is almost perfect with no rips or tears. Paint is in good condition with normal rock chips. The windshield does have some typical delamination(see photos). Someone has changed the wheels out to '93-'95 ZR1 wheels in which most people prefer. Wheels and tires are in excellent shape.

Back in June, I went to the world renound Gordon Killebrew's C4/ZR1 school. This car was gone over front to rear with Gordon. We repaired/replaced a few things like headlight bushings, plug wires, ECM. This car is in very good condition!

In 1992 only 502 ZR1s were built, making this model one of the more rare ZR1s!

I have set the reserve very low for this car so bid to buy!

Email with questions or call Perry @865-607-5234 Please no calls after 8pm est!!

Winning bid: US $15,900.00

Get low monthly payments
Ended: Nov-11-07 10:02:10 PST
Shipping:
Buyer responsible for vehicle pick-up or shipping. Vehicle shipping quote is available.
Sells to: United States
Item location: Spring City, Tennessee, United States
History: 16 bids
Winning bidder: italiannewyorker( 206Feedback score is 100 to 499)

---------------------------------------------------------------------

Benedict Arnold V (January 14, 1741 – June 14, 1801) originally fought for American independence from the British Empire as a general in the Continental Army during the American Revolutionary War until he obtained command of the American fort at West Point, New York and, switching sides, plotted unsuccessfully to surrender it to the British.

Arnold was considered by many to be the best general and most accomplished leader in the Continental Army. In fact, without Arnold's earlier contributions to the American cause, the American Revolution might well have been lost; but after he switched sides his name, like those of several other prominent traitors throughout history, has become a byword for treason in the United States.

I REST MY CASE!!!

Quick Reply: Fellow ZR1 brothers, I need your help!!