C4 ZR-1 Discussion General ZR-1 Corvette Discussion, LT5 Corvette Technical Info, Performance Upgrades, Suspension Setup for Street or Track

Finally got Around To Fixing My Lumbar...NOW: On To The Side Bolster Issue HELP

Search this Thread

Old 10-26-2007, 05:00 PM
LowFlight
Team Owner

Received 50 Likes on 47 Posts
St. Jude Donor '03, '17
Cruise-In V Veteran

Default Finally got Around To Fixing My Lumbar...NOW: On To The Side Bolster Issue HELP

Did the ole Rubber Glove fix this evening in about 45 minutes for both sides. Only took me a year to get around to it...got to love the extra support. Anyway, on the Driver side, the Side Bolster Switch rocks back and forth, but is REALLY stiff and the motor makes NO noise and the driver side bolster of the driver side seat is loose (it wiggles free). To me it sounds like the switch is bad and even if I fixed that...the linkage of the free bolster is broken...WHAT SAY YOU?
Old 11-03-2007, 02:45 PM
Goldcylon
Tech Contributor

Received 100 Likes on 90 Posts

Originally Posted by LowFlight
Did the ole Rubber Glove fix this evening in about 45 minutes for both sides. Only took me a year to get around to it...got to love the extra support. Anyway, on the Driver side, the Side Bolster Switch rocks back and forth, but is REALLY stiff and the motor makes NO noise and the driver side bolster of the driver side seat is loose (it wiggles free). To me it sounds like the switch is bad and even if I fixed that...the linkage of the free bolster is broken...WHAT SAY YOU?
Sounds like the switch is toast but I have heard somewhere on the forum you would not hear a noise just a click. Ive never done this but can you swap the switch with the other side to rule out the switch. Im not sure how the switch come out but they should be the same???
Old 11-03-2007, 03:06 PM
LowFlight
Team Owner

Received 50 Likes on 47 Posts
St. Jude Donor '03, '17
Cruise-In V Veteran

Originally Posted by Goldcylon
Sounds like the switch is toast but I have heard somewhere on the forum you would not hear a noise just a click. Ive never done this but can you swap the switch with the other side to rule out the switch. Im not sure how the switch come out but they should be the same???
Good point, I may try that. But the switch makes NO sound at all...not even a click.

Get notified of new replies

To Finally got Around To Fixing My Lumbar...NOW: On To The Side Bolster Issue HELP

Quick Reply: Finally got Around To Fixing My Lumbar...NOW: On To The Side Bolster Issue HELP