C4 ZR-1 Discussion General ZR-1 Corvette Discussion, LT5 Corvette Technical Info, Performance Upgrades, Suspension Setup for Street or Track

SGC info

Search this Thread

Old 10-29-2007, 10:11 AM
belsy
Racer

Received 8 Likes on 8 Posts

Default SGC info

Anybody going to SGC this year and when is it exactly?? Any Florida people going?
Old 10-29-2007, 12:11 PM
DDSLT5
Team Owner

Received 68 Likes on 40 Posts

Weekend before thanksgiving. If you don't have a hotel room, bring a sleeping bag!
Old 10-29-2007, 01:37 PM
glass slipper
Le Mans Master

Received 394 Likes on 188 Posts

I'll be going up Saturday morning and leaving before dark this year. I have to put my race tires and race alignment back on Saturday night for an autocross Sunday and need time to get a good nights rest too...6 AM comes early and I'm not as young as I use to be. Were you looking for people to meet up/caravan to SGC?
Old 10-29-2007, 08:39 PM
GTB/ZR-1
Safety Car

Received 77 Likes on 53 Posts

Originally Posted by glass slipper
I'll be going up Saturday morning and leaving before dark this year. I have to put my race tires and race alignment back on Saturday night for an autocross Sunday and need time to get a good nights rest too...6 AM comes early and I'm not as young as I use to be. Were you looking for people to meet up/caravan to SGC?

Trailers are a wonderful thing, Richard...

I' love to run something, somewhere on Sun.

Had fun @ the FCRC event yesterday. Although I think the Evo ticked some people off. -2 full secs over the quickest Vette--and on streeties nonetheless!

Belsy, I'll be heading up there Weds night or Thurs AM.
Old 10-30-2007, 04:18 PM
AAFC
Emerging Vendor

Received 75 Likes on 53 Posts
2023 C4 of the Year Finalist- Modified

Default Sgc

I'LL BE LEAVING ON THRUS IN A.M. WIFE WANTS TO DO SOME SHOPPING IN DOWNTOWN. INSTALLED A COUPLE OF NEW THINGS ON
THE ZR-1 AND I THINK YOU'LL LIKE THEM. I WILL HAVE INFO. IF SOMEONE WANTS TO DO THIS ALSO.

John Becker
1990 white/black auto equip zr-1
Old 10-30-2007, 05:39 PM
A1990
Burning Brakes

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by AAFC
INSTALLED A COUPLE OF NEW THINGS ON
THE ZR-1 AND I THINK YOU'LL LIKE THEM. I WILL HAVE INFO. IF SOMEONE WANTS TO DO THIS ALSO.
Tell us more John
Old 10-31-2007, 11:32 AM
glass slipper
Le Mans Master

Received 394 Likes on 188 Posts

Originally Posted by GTB/ZR-1
Trailers are a wonderful thing, Richard...

I' love to run something, somewhere on Sun.

Had fun @ the FCRC event yesterday. Although I think the Evo ticked some people off. -2 full secs over the quickest Vette--and on streeties nonetheless!

Belsy, I'll be heading up there Weds night or Thurs AM.
I just went from four cars back down to two...I agree trailers are great, but they need tow trucks.

Come on over to our event in St Augustine Sunday with your Evo, we don't get upset easily...we just get ahead. BTW, you'll want to keep an eye on your tire pressures...somehow, the air escapes the tires on really fast "open class" cars. The air molecules are being slung out because they are going too fast...at least that's our theory.

Or bring your ZR1 for a little friendly competition...I won't say anything about your 368 if you don't.
Old 11-01-2007, 12:22 PM
belsy
Racer

Received 8 Likes on 8 Posts

Default Sgc

This will be my first time up, are there any preferred lodging with the group? What is the best nearby area as backup? Is there a schedule of events or just hang out?
Thanks for the input I will probably leave Thurs or Fri morn from Debary
Gene
Old 11-01-2007, 08:25 PM
AAFC
Emerging Vendor

Received 75 Likes on 53 Posts
2023 C4 of the Year Finalist- Modified

Default sgc info

Ok i'll tell you one of the things i have done to my z. since i put the auto trans in ,I have used a stock 90 auto shifter. about two weeks ago i installed a b&m megashifter in its place. as trying to shift thru the gears with the stock shifter you could miss a gear. The megashifter is a ratchet type shifter or you just put it in drive and let the trans shift by itselft.
now the other change is the wheels,but I need to get a photo take while at sgc,and maybe someone can post it for me. ( I got to get a digial soon).

later,
John Becker Fl. tag AA FC
1990 white/black auto equip.
Old 11-01-2007, 09:18 PM
YorkL8apex
Melting Slicks
Support Corvetteforum!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I got the last two rooms at the Comfort Inn in Thomasville on Tuesday. There is a Fl State game Saturday and Tallahassee is only about 30 miles from Thomasville. I had to pay $20 more per night Friday night for the rooms.

Friday is usually hanging out in the garage as folks begin to arrive, group lunch in town, then either hang in the garage and use the back road test track or sometimes have a few dyno pulls going on. THere is usually a huge Auto Expo in Moultry about 25 miles up the road and some folks run up ther after lunch.

Saturday folks and cars start gathering in the moring and Aaron sets up a BBQ lunch for all those in attendence. Rides in other folsk cars abound on the back road test tracks for those with the nerve to ride with the hot shoes.

Folks hang out in the afternoon and start leaving depending on how far they travelled.

Some of the best and most educated ZR-1'eers in the country hang out there for the weekend and they welcome newbies like old friends.
Old 11-02-2007, 02:20 PM
LPE385
Melting Slicks

Received 109 Likes on 52 Posts

I'm 90% sure I will be there. I think I've booked lodging at Perlis Inn, the food sucks there but you get Ford GT's and Vipers as rental cars, which is pretty sweet Should be going up Thurs. night.

See you there!
Old 11-03-2007, 10:10 AM
4cefed
Melting Slicks

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

I think I will be up there this year. My car is in his shop right now and should be done in a week or two. If it is ready I will come up to pick up and drop the 03 Z06 off for some work my wife wants done to the car. I love my wife.
I asked her what she wanted for her birthday and she said she wanted headers and a mid-pipe for the Z06.
Oh, BTW, she did steal the car from me in the first place. SHe now drives it everyday. Gotta love women who like fast cars.
Old 11-03-2007, 01:23 PM
DDSLT5
Team Owner

Received 68 Likes on 40 Posts

I hope Aaron has arranged for the high go kart racing on saturday!! I've been looking forward to it all year!!!
Old 11-04-2007, 09:51 PM
GTB/ZR-1
Safety Car

Received 77 Likes on 53 Posts

Originally Posted by glass slipper
I just went from four cars back down to two...I agree trailers are great, but they need tow trucks.

Come on over to our event in St Augustine Sunday with your Evo, we don't get upset easily...we just get ahead. BTW, you'll want to keep an eye on your tire pressures...somehow, the air escapes the tires on really fast "open class" cars. The air molecules are being slung out because they are going too fast...at least that's our theory.

Or bring your ZR1 for a little friendly competition...I won't say anything about your 368 if you don't.
Richard, I'm sure I'll have the ZR in tow. I'd run it @ the St Aug, but it wants no part of braking/turning

Looking forward to seeing all of you!

Get notified of new replies

To SGC info

Quick Reply: SGC info