C4 ZR-1 Discussion General ZR-1 Corvette Discussion, LT5 Corvette Technical Info, Performance Upgrades, Suspension Setup for Street or Track

Wheels Spacers & tires

Search this Thread

Old 11-03-2007, 03:07 PM
rickyrj1
Drifting

Received 8 Likes on 5 Posts

Default Wheels Spacers & tires

I picked up a set of Ron's wheels. I think they look great and you can't beat the price for a quality 3 peice wheel. Where is the best place to pick up a set of the 1/4" wheels spacers. Also I am looking for some tires to put on them. The car is only driven in the spring and summer with no drag racing but I do push her up way into the 3 digit speed limit almost every weekend. I would like to do 335 on the back and 275 or 285 on the front. I'm way over my budget this year for the car so I'm not looking for PS2's unless I don't have a choice. Thanks
Old 11-03-2007, 03:30 PM
carter200
Safety Car

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Who do we know that's a machinist Rick, give me a call if you can't find anything.
Old 11-03-2007, 03:31 PM
shaynezrl
Instructor

you can get wheel spacer at any wheel shop 10-20 dollars ..as far the price on 335's well its pricey. i have 285/40/18 front and 335/30/18 in the rear.

shayne
Old 11-03-2007, 03:37 PM
carter200
Safety Car

Here is what I found:

JEGS billet wheel spacers are precision milled for perfect straightness to ensure a vibration free installation. Available in four thicknesses for 5 lug 4.25'', 4.5'' and 4.75'' bolt patterns. 2/set.

555-65050 1/4'' Wheel Spacers

$59.99
Old 11-03-2007, 05:47 PM
rickyrj1
Drifting

Carter, I'm going to go with another set of your bad azz center caps for the new wheels. I got so many compliments from the last car show I entered. I want these to look as good as the ones on my Kinesis wheels. We need to talk I might have some winter projects for you. I lost the CT address, I beleive it is 200 Palestine Rd somewhere in Texas. Let me know. I want to ship out one of the Shelby caps to you to get you started. Might as well make up some spacers at the same time, that way I know i'm getting a quality peice made in the good ol' US of A
Old 11-03-2007, 10:22 PM
rhanselman
Drifting

Received 6 Likes on 5 Posts

Originally Posted by rickyrj1
I picked up a set of Ron's wheels. I think they look great and you can't beat the price for a quality 3 piece wheel. Where is the best place to pick up a set of the 1/4" wheels spacers. Also I am looking for some tires to put on them. The car is only driven in the spring and summer with no drag racing but I do push her up way into the 3 digit speed limit almost every weekend. I would like to do 335 on the back and 275 or 285 on the front. I'm way over my budget this year for the car so I'm not looking for PS2's unless I don't have a choice. Thanks
rickyrj1,

I switched my fronts today back to the way they came in the box. I think they actually look and fit better. You get the deep dish look back and you won't need the spacer's. Take a look...

Cheers,
Ron
Old 11-03-2007, 11:32 PM
rickyrj1
Drifting

Originally Posted by rhanselman
rickyrj1,

I switched my fronts today back to the way they came in the box. I think they actually look and fit better. You get the deep dish look back and you won't need the spacer's. Take a look...

Cheers,
Ron
What size tires are the BFG's you have? Thanks
Old 11-03-2007, 11:55 PM
rhanselman
Drifting

Received 6 Likes on 5 Posts

What size tires are the BFG's you have? Thanks
275/35's front & 335/30's rear

$1044 out the door at Discount Tire...

I'm going to do the same on my 91.

Cheers,
Ron
Old 11-04-2007, 12:06 AM
carter200
Safety Car

Carter, I'm going to go with another set of your bad azz center caps for the new wheels. I got so many compliments from the last car show I entered. I want these to look as good as the ones on my Kinesis wheels. We need to talk I might have some winter projects for you. I lost the CT address, I beleive it is 200 Palestine Rd somewhere in Texas. Let me know. I want to ship out one of the Shelby caps to you to get you started. Might as well make up some spacers at the same time, that way I know i'm getting a quality peice made in the good ol' US of A
I'll PM you with the address and glad you are getting compliments on the car and the center caps. You did a great job with them. I'll include the phone number so we can discuss the winter projects and anything else you need custom made. Looks like Ron may have figured out some magic with the wheels so no spacer is needed but if so let me know and I'll whip out a set of billet ones for you. If you need them thinner or thicker let me know

Get notified of new replies

To Wheels Spacers & tires

Quick Reply: Wheels Spacers & tires