C4 ZR-1 Discussion General ZR-1 Corvette Discussion, LT5 Corvette Technical Info, Performance Upgrades, Suspension Setup for Street or Track

Winter Project

Search this Thread

Old 11-07-2007, 10:16 AM
-=Jeff=-
Race Director

Received 171 Likes on 148 Posts

Do you really want MY list? LOL

Here is some of it:
  1. Adjust both Windows
  2. Fix power locks (don't lock all the way but lock manually)
  3. replace plug wires
  4. finish installing interior
  5. weatherstripping (A and B pillar and hatch
  6. Replace Plugs
  7. Clean Clean Clean
  8. readjust hood a bit more
  9. replace E-brake handle mechanism
  10. Install Keyless entry
  11. change trans fluid
  12. change diff fluid
  13. check injectors
  14. replace plugs
  15. do some motor mods
  16. get hood bumpers (on striker plates)
  17. install longer rear wheel studs for my wheel spacers for my GS wheels
  18. Send out Bose Cd for repair
  19. new air filter
  20. new fuel filter
  21. see what it will take to repair driver side rear quarter
  22. Get front center air dam
  23. install rear hatch drains
  24. install mirror wind deflectors
  25. install rear shade anti-rattle clips

Stuff Already done:
  • new outer window seals
  • new door weatherstripping
  • cleaned interior
  • installed 90% of the new interior
  • adjusted hatch
  • adjusted drivers door
  • adjusted front fenders
  • adjusted hood
  • adjusted front bumper
  • installed Hurst Shifter
  • installed Borla Exhaust
  • changed oil
  • installed new fog light bulbs
  • installed new headlight bulbs

DROVE CAR!!! for the FIRST time today since I got it in July/August.. doing some 'shake down' driving to see what else needs to be added to that long list. I knwo there is MORE to the list.. I just cannot think of anything else right now

Last edited by -=Jeff=-; 11-07-2007 at 10:19 AM.
Old 11-07-2007, 01:14 PM
threestar40
Burning Brakes

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

I'm glad this came up...mine is already down for some winter stuff.

I am going to do the coolant to plenum delete mod posted by Locobob. I know there was a little controversy on whether or not one needs to pull the injector housings to do this mod?

Some people just put a set screw in there, but it seems Bob used JB weld in addition to the set screws underneath. Anyone have any ideas about this?

On another note, After my two open road racing experiences this year, I've decided I don't need an x-pipe and I don't need a short throw shifter. With the X-pipe, I just don't want to make the car any louder and less streetable than it already is. By the way, if you already have headers, that is not trivial to weld one of those in...I looked it over and really considered doing it, but I don't know if it's worth it for me...the car already goes faster than I have the ***** to drive it. (Yeah, I said it.)

I do need to "refurbish" my harnesses and I've already freshened up the rear suspension with new bushings in the strut rods, sway bar end links, and all four rear control arms...the strut rod bushings and the endlink bushings were completely trashed.

I think I may do my injectors and coil paks as well just because they are 17 years old, nothing really wrong with them though?

Unlike Bob on the coolant to plenum delete mod, I am just going to tap the passenger side coolant pipe, I don't know if doing both sides is really necessary.

Any thoughts any of you could add about the benefit of plugging those little holes in the injector housings below my new set screws would be greatly appreciated.

There was one of us that was bending stainless lines for the secondary vacuum system...did he ever get that done? I think that would be a great mod for all of us? I am going to look that over too while I have the plenum off. Great thread and good lists.

Rick

Last edited by threestar40; 11-07-2007 at 04:08 PM. Reason: punctuation

Quick Reply: Winter Project