C4 ZR-1 Discussion General ZR-1 Corvette Discussion, LT5 Corvette Technical Info, Performance Upgrades, Suspension Setup for Street or Track

Wtb C6 Zo6

Search this Thread

Old 12-02-2007, 10:37 PM
rickyrj1
Drifting

Received 8 Likes on 5 Posts

Default Wtb C6 Zo6

I would really like to pick up a ZO6 someday. I will not be able to afford a new one unless I sell my ZR1.(NOT HAPPENING, Unless someone offered me sick $ for it) Do you guys think that the prices for a used one will hit 45k-50k wholesale in the next couple of years? I might be able to handle that much in said time. I only ask here because I trust and know some of you. Thanks, Rick
Old 12-02-2007, 11:16 PM
Jeffvette
Race Director

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Rick, entry level prices for a new 08 are already 65k. I've seen some 06's in the low 50's. They are out there.
Old 12-03-2007, 12:51 AM
carter200
Safety Car

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Yes, I agree that you can find a Z for "cheap" now but when the new one surfaces the prices will drop like a rock. Then make your move
Old 12-03-2007, 10:39 AM
Bell Curve
Racer

Originally Posted by carter200
Yes, I agree that you can find a Z for "cheap" now but when the new one surfaces the prices will drop like a rock. Then make your move
Dont know about a rock but prices will come down some.

Old 12-04-2007, 05:51 PM
ZRWON
Melting Slicks

Originally Posted by Jeffvette
Rick, entry level prices for a new 08 are already 65k. I've seen some 06's in the low 50's. They are out there.
Rick, Think back a few years to 1992...Only 502 ZR1s were made and for the next 3 years only 448 were made ea year. The sticker price for these was ~$65 K. How much did these cost if expressed in 2007 dollars and what were they selling for after a few years. GM is a master marketing company...They realized all of the Market impact value of the ZR1 in '90 and '91 and held up the pirces for the next 4 years by limiting production.
Don't be shocked if you don't see the same thing with the Z06 which with it's hand assembled motor by racing performance experts in Michigan (unlike the stock Vette motors that come from Mexico), AND the lighter hood, fenders and super strong and much lighter frame and drive train!
The extras on the Z06 might not be as dramatic as those with the KOTH but in todays marketplace the additional cost for the Z06 is a bargain and in a few years the market value will be comparable to what we saw with our ZR1s...IMHO
Old 12-05-2007, 10:36 AM
Aurora40
Le Mans Master

Received 8 Likes on 8 Posts

Originally Posted by ZRWON
(unlike the stock Vette motors that come from Mexico)
I'm pretty sure the stock 'vette motors come from our other neighbor, Canada. Not Mexico.
Old 12-05-2007, 02:33 PM
ZRWON
Melting Slicks

Originally Posted by Aurora40
I'm pretty sure the stock 'vette motors come from our other neighbor, Canada. Not Mexico.
YOU ARE 100% CORRECT! The standard (base) engine is made entirely in Canada however, many other GM engines, cars as well, come from Mexico. :o
SORRY, I was having a "senior moment", aka CRS. I confused what I had been told or read about the VETTE engines with the other engines.
I still think the premium pricing for the Z06 is, for all it includes, is a great value and will be an excellent price performer in the used market. My cousin bought a used one to race and tweaked it a bit the last 1/2 of this year and for the $$ he has in it (< $55K) there was little competition for the racing events he participates in....he placed 1st in each race. Next season he'll do even better with what he plans to add this winter.

Get notified of new replies

To Wtb C6 Zo6

Quick Reply: Wtb C6 Zo6