C4 ZR-1 Discussion General ZR-1 Corvette Discussion, LT5 Corvette Technical Info, Performance Upgrades, Suspension Setup for Street or Track

Interesting view on the new Z from our Ferrari friends

Old 12-22-2007, 10:05 PM
lgaff
Drifting

Received 76 Likes on 53 Posts
2022 Corvette of the Year Winner -- Modified
2021 C4 of the Year - Modified Winner

Default Interesting view on the new Z from our Ferrari friends

I visit a lot of other forums, as I am somewhat of a car fanatic. This chat reminds me of why I bought a ZR-1; it bested the Testarossa in the early 90s, and the new Z will run with their new 430 Scuderia at a fraction of the cost.

I love how they always reference the superior materials and craftsmanship. I agree Ferrari makes great cars, but how often do they need rebuilds? How many Testarossa's have rust issues....Hmmmmm, I guess for a car to have "soul" it must run fast and die an early death....I think deep down inside we love our Z's not only for what they are, but because we all know it really chafes their A** to think that a vette can outrun their $200K supercar.

http://www.ferrarichat.com/forum/sho...d.php?t=179190

Perhaps we can coax our Chicago Ferrari friends out for a run and gun at the strip or autocross next year.

Ciao

LGAFF
92 ZR1

Last edited by lgaff; 12-29-2007 at 06:13 PM.
Old 12-22-2007, 10:22 PM
xlr8nflorida
Race Director

Received 12 Likes on 9 Posts

This quote is just classic

The one good thing about Corvettes is the people that buy them are exactly like the car.... In love with themselves, have a false feeling of self worth, all muscled-up to cover other inadequacies, on steroids, lacking class, do things to impress others rather than for themselves, wiggle their *** too much and do it just in case some other guy is watching and they decide to go that way(anyone who will comment on their *** will suffice to give them a bit of acceptance), act refined but in reality are cheap kinda like a trailer owner who splurges on a bottle of Asti-Spumanti, are only good for about 10 minutes until you realize their true shallow personality, they rattle and squeak about themselves so much that you just cant bare to listen to them any longer, they keep going to the gym to get even more buff in hopes that someday someone will love them for their bodies when in reality, they are just a soulless shell and the only one who will ever love them is someone who doesn't know what love means.

What a Tool!
Old 12-22-2007, 10:37 PM
96_vette
Racer

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Those europeans are just simply afraid of this american made beast. They know the ZR-1 will destroy most of there "exotic" cars. So they complain of the "cheap" interior, I would rather have speed and power over luxury. Who cares if the ZR-1 seats are not made of super rare "genuine leather" A sports coupe or super car is built to be driven, not a garage queen. Ferrari's are really expensive model cars, thats all they will ever be. The ZR-1 will live forever...............and stomp the competion.

Originally Posted by lgaff
I visit a lot of other forums, as I am a car fanatic. This chat reminds me of why I bought a ZR-1; it bested the Testarossa in the early 90s, and the new Z will run with their new 430 Scuderia at a fraction of the cost.

I love how they always reference the superior materials and craftsmanship. I agree Ferrari makes great cars, but how often do they need rebuilds? How many Testarossa's have rust issues....Hmmmmm, I guess for a car to have "soul" it must run fast and die an early death....I think deep down inside we love our Z's not only for what they are, but because we all know it really chafes their A** to think that a vette can outrun their $200K supercar.

Perhaps we can coax our Chicago Ferrari friends out for a run and gun at the strip or autocross next year.

Ciao

LGAFF
92 ZR1
Old 12-22-2007, 11:40 PM
ZR-71
Team Owner

Received 84 Likes on 58 Posts
St. Jude Donor '15

I did like this quote:

Fun fact: this car is gonna destroy everything under a million dollars.
Old 12-23-2007, 10:04 AM
SurfnSun
Team Owner

Received 522 Likes on 342 Posts
St. Jude Donor '10

It could be said....

People who care about real world performance will buy the ZR1, the self ego strokers will buy a Ferrari.

I find it funny that anyone who has a car that won't perform as well as the new ZR1(most of the world) decides to attack its interior Its all they can do.
Old 12-23-2007, 10:13 AM
88BlackZ-51
Race Director

Received 41 Likes on 26 Posts

Originally Posted by SurfnSun
It could be said....

People who care about real world performance will buy the ZR1, the self ego strokers will buy a Ferrari.

I find it funny that anyone who has a car that won't perform as well as the new ZR1(most of the world) decides to attack its interior Its all they can do.
Well said!
Old 12-23-2007, 10:49 AM
solid dobe
Le Mans Master

Received 16 Likes on 12 Posts
St. Jude Donor '21

[QUOTE=96_vette;1563285139]Those europeans are just simply afraid of this american made beast. They know the ZR-1 will destroy most of there "exotic" cars. So they complain of the "cheap" interior, I would rather have speed and power over luxury. Who cares if the ZR-1 seats are not made of super rare "genuine leather" A sports coupe or super car is built to be driven, not a garage queen. Ferrari's are really expensive model cars, thats all they will ever be. The ZR-1 will live forever...............and stomp the competion.[/QUOTE]

I hope so, time will tell.

I wonder if the C6 ZR1 people will have as STRONG/LOYAL a network of support as the C4 ZR-1 people do.

Last edited by solid dobe; 12-23-2007 at 10:51 AM. Reason: added content
Old 12-23-2007, 11:06 AM
Dominic Sorresso
Le Mans Master

Received 691 Likes on 425 Posts

Lee,

Well for the new ZR1 being such a POS, the Ferrari crowd certainly has quite a bit to say about it and those of us that drive Vettes.
For myself, I love the looks of a Ferrari, particularly the 288GTO and the 430. I'd love to have the money to own one. But I also enjoy working on my own car and not just handing the keys to Vincenzo for a $2000 SPARK PLUG AND OIL CHANGE. I like the idea of being able to drive the car 400 miles in a day without worrying if it was going to break. And even if it did, being able to get parts reasonably.
Making the underdog the winner is one of the reasons I worked on my 84 Xfire as long as I did. Fun to catch people by surprise. And so I applaud GM for doing with 100K what other car companies can't do with 400K+. Power to us poor slobs.
Old 12-23-2007, 11:15 AM
threestar40
Burning Brakes

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Originally Posted by lgaff
I visit a lot of other forums, as I am somewhat of a car fanatic. This chat reminds me of why I bought a ZR-1; it bested the Testarossa in the early 90s, and the new Z will run with their new 430 Scuderia at a fraction of the cost.

Ciao

LGAFF
92 ZR1
Nice Read...there are some really pathetic posts over there...there are some really good car guys over there too and other's are just a holes...it's fun to read stuff from a different group of people.

The best thing I got out of it and know is that when you have wrenched on cars and been around cars for long enough and even raced a little, you start to learn that it's best just to respect stuff for what it is...all of the criticism, snobbery, name calling, trash talking, and garbage that gets written may be fun and part of our souls, but the truth is that if any of us were a part of building the same cars for the same companys, they would probably end up about the same, right?

If you criticise something that is built by a large team in your own society, it may be kind of like your criticizing yourself if you live in said society.

Sure, one man can make a big difference on a team, but mostly a new car is a product of a bureaucratic machine, we all know that...so, that being said, maybe a ferrari is a ferrari and it's an italian, a vette is a vette, and it's an american, a porsche is a porsche and it's a german...but now that I think about it how many german engineered bosch systems do all these cars share? I looked under a Cadillac CTS one day and it had a french tranny!...the last two thermostats I bought for my american cars were made in germany, you get the idea. And, sadly, most of our new heavy tools are now coming from mainland china.

I don't know why reading that thread brought me to write this, but it seems like people that can afford vettes and ferraris would automatically know some of this stuff. On the other hand, I guess that's not necessarily true either now that I think of all the rich people I've known

I love all these cars, I wish I could afford more and had a bigger place to store so I could drive a different one every day...If one of them has a plastic engine cover, I don't think that would weigh very heavily on my decision on which car I would take that day.

Cheers to prosperity, I wish we were all as lucky as we are.

Rick

Last edited by threestar40; 12-23-2007 at 07:14 PM.
Old 12-23-2007, 11:53 AM
LowFlight
Team Owner

Received 50 Likes on 47 Posts
St. Jude Donor '03, '17
Cruise-In V Veteran

While the new ZR1 may be fast, I hate the fact that our ZR-1 have to share the same name with that riced out abomination
Old 12-23-2007, 11:56 AM
88BlackZ-51
Race Director

Received 41 Likes on 26 Posts

Originally Posted by LowFlight
While the new ZR1 may be fast, I hate the fact that our ZR-1 have to share the same name with that riced out abomination
Riced out? Why is that? Jealous?
Old 12-23-2007, 12:16 PM
TommyL
Melting Slicks

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

This quote is just classic

The one good thing about FERARRI is the people that buy them are exactly like the car.... In love with themselves, have a false feeling of self worth, all muscled-up to cover other inadequacies, on steroids, lacking class, do things to impress others rather than for themselves, wiggle their *** too much and do it just in case some other guy is watching and they decide to go that way(anyone who will comment on their *** will suffice to give them a bit of acceptance), act refined but in reality are cheap kinda like a trailer owner who splurges on a bottle of Asti-Spumanti, are only good for about 10 minutes until you realize their true shallow personality, they rattle and squeak about themselves so much that you just cant bare to listen to them any longer, they keep going to the gym to get even more buff in hopes that someday someone will love them for their bodies when in reality, they are just a soulless shell and the only one who will ever love them is someone who doesn't know what love means.

Old 12-23-2007, 12:37 PM
lgaff
Drifting

"Perhaps we can coax our Chicago Ferrari friends out for a run and gun at the strip or autocross next year."-LGAFF

I have just been informed that this won't be possible; Illinois outlawed the slaughter of horses last year, especially the prancing type.

Mixed reviews from our Lambo friends; here is the link to the "running (away) of the Bulls":
http://www.lamborghini-talk.com/vbfo...ead.php?t=7788

LGAFF
92 ZR1

Last edited by lgaff; 12-23-2007 at 01:08 PM.
Old 12-23-2007, 01:30 PM
Wild Bob
Instructor

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by LowFlight
I was a ZR-1 owner, and I am a huge Chevy fan, but I really find it hard to swallow all these rice comments...it's racist at least and ignorant at best.

I'm a Honda man (motorcycle) as much as I'm a Chevy man ...does that make me a "rice lover". I like well engineered machines that deliver the goods. The new ZR1 is one of those machines.

I would love to have both cars in my garage, sandwiching a Z06. The car is an engineering marvel on so many fronts, truly world class, no more or less so than the GT-R or Ferraris or Lambos or Porsches or any other expensive exotic.

We are very lucky to reap the rewards of an affordable supercar...affordable being a relative term, because even if we can afford it, most of us won't be able to get our hands on one for years.

I have this ****ly feeling that if someone offered you a ZR1, you would jump on it. If not, you may need your head examined...

WB
Old 12-23-2007, 02:34 PM
SurfnSun
Team Owner

Received 522 Likes on 342 Posts
St. Jude Donor '10

Originally Posted by Wild Bob
I was a ZR-1 owner, and I am a huge Chevy fan, but I really find it hard to swallow all these rice comments...it's racist at least and ignorant at best.
Im not sure about racist but I agree with the rest of it. If using state of the art materials like carbon fiber is considered "rice" by "real" car guys....then "real" car guys have gone dumb.
Old 12-23-2007, 02:38 PM
lgaff
Drifting

Don't know if I like the engine cover, or rims(I also not a big fan of my sawblades)....but what I do know is that this establishes a pedigree for our Z's and should help to solidify the ZR-1 a unique place in corvette history. What I took away from the Motor Trend article was the signifigance of the "z" to GM.......

"This is, after all, a spiritual successor to the C4 ZR1 of 1990. That car sold for the equivalent of $91,000 2007 dollars and represented the state of the automaking art at General Motors in its day. So does this one."-From interview with Tom Wallace GM

I certainly wouldn't turn down a new one. How about if GM would raffle off a new "Z" at $100 per ticket, and the pre-qualifier would be that you had to produce proof of ownership of you 90-95 ZR-1. If the first 09 ZR-1 is going to sold at Barrett-Jackson(rumor or not) would be neat to raffle one to current owners and give proceeds to charity(I'll stop dreaming, buts it is Christmas)

LGAFF
92 ZR-1
Old 12-23-2007, 02:51 PM
LowFlight
Team Owner

St. Jude Donor '03, '17
Cruise-In V Veteran

Holy ****, I guess I hit a nerve. I am not jealous. I would much rather have a normal C6Z06 than the new ZR-1. The window for the engine and the side ground effect skirts are wretched Until Hillary takes over in 09, I think I am still allowed to have an opinion. And ricer racist? Okahhhh!? Wife drives an Acura TL as a DD BTW. Ricer is when you take said "nice car" and fck it up

Get notified of new replies

To Interesting view on the new Z from our Ferrari friends

Old 12-23-2007, 02:53 PM
LowFlight
Team Owner

St. Jude Donor '03, '17
Cruise-In V Veteran

...I almost forgot...I am one of ONLY 3-4 guys who DEFEND the new Nissan GTR and like it better than the Z06. I am a car guy, and am brand promiscuous. As long as I like it, I could care less if it is made by Yugo. See my posts in OT about anything GTR related.
Old 12-23-2007, 02:59 PM
Rainy99
Drifting

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Jeebus!

Ok. Now I wonder what the percentage of those folks on that ferrari board actually OWN the car they so love? How many on this forum are actually owners?

Sheesh.

B
Old 12-23-2007, 03:12 PM
lgaff
Drifting

Your avatar reminded me.........Ferrari.. truly only the best are selected to drive these fine automobiles....... Jeremy Clarkson should revisit his comments:

http://socialitelife.buzznet.com/200...is_ferarri.php

IS there a K-FEd chat room on the Ferrari Board?

LGAFF
92 ZR-1

Last edited by lgaff; 12-23-2007 at 03:15 PM.

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: Interesting view on the new Z from our Ferrari friends