C4 ZR-1 Discussion General ZR-1 Corvette Discussion, LT5 Corvette Technical Info, Performance Upgrades, Suspension Setup for Street or Track

#6 Cyl no fire

Search this Thread

Old 12-29-2007, 12:36 PM
40COUS
Heel & Toe

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default #6 Cyl no fire

Need some brotherly help here...#6 has no spark. I've replaced all of the ignition coils, wires and plugs. I would think that the coil is good because #1 is firing fine or could one part of the same coil be bad? She is also running very rich, could this be a contributor? Pulled the plug and it was fouled pretty bad and covered in carbon. Thanks for the help.

P.S. Does anyone know of a good ZR shop in the Honolulu, HI area?
Old 12-29-2007, 01:03 PM
terryszr1
Racer

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

try this <i just went through a inj problem, a secondary inj was stuck open and caused the same thing . do you have a fuel gauge ? if so hook it up and just turn the ignition on for 10 sec. then turn it offf and watch the gauge does the pressure hold or start to go down . mine went from 55psi to 30in 45sec. if yours goes down like this then you have a bad injector . if they are good pressure shouldnt go down much at all in 20 min.hope this helps
Old 01-02-2008, 04:04 PM
BlackWidow#2
Pro

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

Originally Posted by 40COUS
I would think that the coil is good because #1 is firing fine or could one part of the same coil be bad?
Yes, I've had 1 side bad.
What brand are your new coils?

Get notified of new replies

To #6 Cyl no fire

Quick Reply: #6 Cyl no fire