C4 ZR-1 Discussion General ZR-1 Corvette Discussion, LT5 Corvette Technical Info, Performance Upgrades, Suspension Setup for Street or Track

Wanted: Input for New Corvette Garage/Shop

Search this Thread

Old 01-22-2008, 02:45 PM
louispf
Instructor

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by A26B
Jason,
Great info. I have 20 of the same light fixtures in my 40 x 50, but never considered the extra 220v welder outlets...great suggestion. I was going to put a couple of air hose reels in but for some reason, never thought about the light cord reels. I have 115v outlets every 10ft with extra by workbench. Thanks for the ideas.
In addition do not forget the water hose reels. How about the cable in garage for the LCD to watch the races or Speed while you are
working or hanging out.
Old 01-22-2008, 07:28 PM
GTB/ZR-1
Safety Car

Received 77 Likes on 53 Posts

Jerry, it looks great! May I suggest a closet or loft where you can keep parts & cut down on clutter. Clutter is the biggest complaint I have w/ my rickety 3-car garage
Old 01-23-2008, 08:06 PM
thethrillofspeed
Instructor

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

In my garage I have a forced air heater, but since I don't heat it unless I'm working in the garage everything gets cold. When I build my next garage it will be a lot bigger and I will add floor heating to the portion of the floor where I will work on the cars and in front of the workbench. It isn't that expensive, but sure would be nice.
Old 01-23-2008, 09:02 PM
A26B
Drifting

Received 81 Likes on 49 Posts

Originally Posted by louispf
In addition do not forget the water hose reels. How about the cable in garage for the LCD to watch the races or Speed while you are
working or hanging out.
Yep! Satellite TV will be installed!
Old 01-23-2008, 09:08 PM
A26B
Drifting

Originally Posted by GTB/ZR-1
Jerry, it looks great! May I suggest a closet or loft where you can keep parts & cut down on clutter. Clutter is the biggest complaint I have w/ my rickety 3-car garage
Hi George!

There is a loft over the trailer bay, 16' x 40' just for that purpose. I hate clutter too! When I designed our house, I built a 10' wide room onto the garage with a door from the bay area. I use that room to store all the lawn stuff and otther things that normally accumulate in the bay area. I also added a mechanical room for water well tanks, sprinkler system, phone box, water softener, central vac, wtr heater and one of the HVAC units. Just so all that stuff isn't out somewhere.
Old 01-23-2008, 09:12 PM
A26B
Drifting

Originally Posted by thethrillofspeed
In my garage I have a forced air heater, but since I don't heat it unless I'm working in the garage everything gets cold. When I build my next garage it will be a lot bigger and I will add floor heating to the portion of the floor where I will work on the cars and in front of the workbench. It isn't that expensive, but sure would be nice.
Hey Chuck,
The shop will have central HVAC (geothermal). I have really thought about the hot water loops in the slab. Man that would feel good in the winter instead of that cold concrete and since heat rises, it would be the most comfortable. Maybe I need to look into that some more.
Old 01-24-2008, 01:51 PM
DDSLT5
Team Owner

Received 68 Likes on 40 Posts

Originally Posted by A26B
Hey Chuck,
The shop will have central HVAC (geothermal). I have really thought about the hot water loops in the slab. Man that would feel good in the winter instead of that cold concrete and since heat rises, it would be the most comfortable. Maybe I need to look into that some more.
Jerry - in floor heating is the ONLY way to go. All the nice garages up here in the Northeast use this type of heating. It is wonderfully warm, the heat radiates from the floor, nice to kneel or lay on, always stays dry - just a great way to go. Good luck on the project!
Old 01-24-2008, 02:21 PM
kmoudy
Drifting

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Damn, Jerry, if i had you're money i'd burn mine.
Old 01-24-2008, 03:40 PM
A26B
Drifting

Originally Posted by kmoudy
Damn, Jerry, if i had you're money i'd burn mine.
I don't have a new restaurant..... like U Do!! I'm unemployed and unemployable, too young for social security (which may be gone by the time I get there). May have to take on boarders to pay the bills and do car repairs in the garage to pay for it. Don't get the match out yet!
Old 01-25-2008, 07:14 PM
cvette
Burning Brakes

Location: I've been going to this school for 7 years, I'm no dummy!
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Don't forget to leave room for my trailers and my stuff too!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Quick Reply: Wanted: Input for New Corvette Garage/Shop