C4 ZR-1 Discussion General ZR-1 Corvette Discussion, LT5 Corvette Technical Info, Performance Upgrades, Suspension Setup for Street or Track

Found '91 ZR-1 parting out on Craigslist

Search this Thread

Old 09-14-2008, 01:41 PM
Zefpashko
Heel & Toe

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Default Found '91 ZR-1 parting out on Craigslist

Hey guys,
Found someone parting out a '91 ZR-1 in Northern Virginia area while I was looking through craigslist. Here's the link. It's in Baltimore Craigslist site. Hope someones finds something they need!

http://baltimore.craigslist.org/pts/839806074.html

Cheers
Old 09-15-2008, 07:30 AM
ZRWHAT
Drifting

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by Zefpashko
Hey guys,
Found someone parting out a '91 ZR-1 in Northern Virginia area while I was looking through craigslist. Here's the link. It's in Baltimore Craigslist site. Hope someones finds something they need!

http://baltimore.craigslist.org/pts/839806074.html

Cheers

That would be the one I have listed. Car has been rolled and virtually all body panels are toast, except drivers door

I'd prefer to sell the car as a whole before parting it. This car is being sold to help the family of the owner whom was hurt badly and is not doing well both physically and financially, not only did he receive a broken back but was let go from his job for not being able to work.

Please understand all proceeds of this sale are going back to the family and I get nothing. I'm just glad to help a friend in need.

I would rather see the car go to a Registry or forum member so please if interested state which you belong to.

Thanks everyone,

Jeff Gibson
Old 09-15-2008, 09:56 AM
dallas916
Le Mans Master

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

You deleted it???
Old 09-15-2008, 10:34 AM
ZRWHAT
Drifting

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by dallas916
You deleted it???
Dallas,

Too many bottom feeders on Craigslist, I pulled it because you wouldn't believe some of the off the wall offers and idiotic questions, <I'll give you $500 for the motor and trans> < ZR-1, wern't they the special motor that came in the 69 Camaro that was a 427!>

just as well wait for someone who is serious.

I just don't have time for non-sense.

It is now on this forum under C-4 parts

Jeff
Old 09-15-2008, 05:46 PM
dallas916
Le Mans Master

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by ZRWHAT
Dallas,

Too many bottom feeders on Craigslist, I pulled it because you wouldn't believe some of the off the wall offers and idiotic questions, <I'll give you $500 for the motor and trans> < ZR-1, wern't they the special motor that came in the 69 Camaro that was a 427!
That's almost hilarious....but sick.
Old 09-15-2008, 06:28 PM
glass slipper
Le Mans Master

Received 394 Likes on 188 Posts

Originally Posted by ZRWHAT
I'd prefer to sell the car as a whole before parting it. Thanks everyone,

Jeff Gibson
I don't want you to take this the wrong way as I can sympathize with the owner's situation. If somebody was to buy this car as a whole, the only two options he'd have would be to fix it or part it out. If he's fixing it, the price he'd offer would reflect the cost of repairing it. If he was parting it out, the price he'd offer would reflect his time and effort to make a profit. Either way, it wouldn't be near what you could get if you were to part it out yourself. I'm just being realistic and hopefully you can put yourself in the buyer's shoes to see the other side of this. I'd love to see somebody buy it and fix it but the owner wouldn't see the maximum return. Hell, I'd like to buy it and make a race car out of it and retire mine but the sum of the whole would certainly be less than the sum of the parts. Again, I'm just being realistic here in the best interest of the owner, I think you're best option for maximum return is to part it out yourself. Good luck and best wishes for the owner.

Get notified of new replies

To Found '91 ZR-1 parting out on Craigslist

Quick Reply: Found '91 ZR-1 parting out on Craigslist