C4 ZR-1 Discussion General ZR-1 Corvette Discussion, LT5 Corvette Technical Info, Performance Upgrades, Suspension Setup for Street or Track

Need LR plastic Inner Fender for ZR-1

Search this Thread

Old 10-21-2009, 09:17 PM
ZRWHAT
Drifting

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Default Need LR plastic Inner Fender for ZR-1

Don't know HTF they did it but the body shop where I had my 91 ZR-1 lost the Left Rear plastic inner fender (splash shield), was there last week (I saw it) went to pick up the car today and inner fender is nowhere to be found.

Pretty sure the guy doing the work got pissed that I brought the car back since the work he did was not right, still wasn't 100% right the second time, took it anyway so nothing else becomes missing.

Figured they had 2 shots at it and still couldn't get it right so why bother...

They said no problem, we'll order you a new one, I kindly went on to tell them the part has been discontinued for years now and it would be hell to find a replacement since they are different then a regular C4.

My theory is since the owner of the shop is a friend of mine, the guy who actually did the work got his azz chewed for not making it right the first time, gonna get a bigger chewing before its all over. This is probably why the inner fender got tossed or went missing....

Brief history:

Car landed against a light pole while sliding sideways in the rain by previous owner, the pole took out the Left Door, the left windshield "A" pillar, windshield, lower rocker, inner door sill. The shop had to pull the frame at the sill area, not a lot but still had to be pulled.

The "A" pillar was supposed to be replaced, (I furnished one) instead they straightened it. I left a good windshield with the car so they could get the lines correct to test fit. Said it was fine so I took their word, windshield was not installed per my request. Assumed it was fine, test fitted the windshield once home and left side @ the center of the "A" pillar had a 3/4" gap, they forgot to "arch" the "A" pillar. Thats why it went back, to correct the gap for the windshield install. When I took it back I insisted the donor "A" pillar be installed, body guy agreed, go to pick it up today, same original straightened pillar still on car, needless to say this did not sit too well with me. At this point I have no faith in this shop to do the right thing so I dragged it home. Looks like I'll be installing the pillar myself so its done right once and for all.

This is not a fly by night shop, high end and do a lot of newer, high end cars. its shocking to see just how some of these guys survive doing this kind of hack work, most people wouldn't know the difference, fortunately I do.

Lost 6 months while cars sat there plus the $ I paid the shop, friend or not, no more business from me. Hell, I could of hacked it up myself for free!

Bottom line, I need a Left Rear ZR-1 inner fender, anybody have one they'd be willing to part with?

Thanks,

Gibby

Last edited by ZRWHAT; 10-22-2009 at 07:16 AM.
Old 10-21-2009, 09:32 PM
Goldcylon
Tech Contributor

Received 100 Likes on 90 Posts

Gibster, PM member Phrogs. I think he can hook you up. GC
Old 10-21-2009, 11:32 PM
Z51JEFF
Race Director

Received 643 Likes on 420 Posts
2022 C4 of the Year Finalist - Modified

Im sorry,but based on your description this is a hack shop.
Old 10-22-2009, 07:17 AM
ZRWHAT
Drifting

Originally Posted by Goldcylon
Gibster, PM member Phrogs. I think he can hook you up. GC
Thanks Goldie!

Hopefully Phrogs has his ears on....

Johnnie-Got any?
Old 10-23-2009, 07:03 AM
ZRWHAT
Drifting

Ttt
Old 10-28-2009, 09:05 PM
ZRWHAT
Drifting

Thanks guys, I found one!
Old 10-29-2009, 10:11 AM
Goldcylon
Tech Contributor

Received 100 Likes on 90 Posts

Did Johnny hook you up? I linked him to this post on the other forum. GC
Old 10-29-2009, 10:33 AM
ZRWHAT
Drifting

Originally Posted by Goldcylon
Did Johnny hook you up? I linked him to this post on the other forum. GC
NAH, KW found one for me in Fl. and was priced right.

Get notified of new replies

To Need LR plastic Inner Fender for ZR-1

Quick Reply: Need LR plastic Inner Fender for ZR-1