C4 ZR-1 Discussion General ZR-1 Corvette Discussion, LT5 Corvette Technical Info, Performance Upgrades, Suspension Setup for Street or Track

Complete lt5 engine and zf6 transmission

Search this Thread

Old 02-23-2010, 03:30 PM
eherbst
Instructor

Received 4 Likes on 2 Posts

Default Complete lt5 engine and zf6 transmission

I have a complete motor and trans out of a 91 zr1 for sale. Bought a complete wreck a year ago that I parted out. Was going to swap in a camaro but plans have changed. Engine has 100k miles on it with brand new injectors and fuel pressure regulator. I did a leakdown test on the engine and all cylinders were less than 1%. Super tight engine. Previous owner said it was a real screamer. Engine is complete with ecm, wire harness, and all accessories. The transmission was replaced about a year or so before I got the car. It has a shorthrow shifter too.

I will take 6500 together. 5000 for engine and 1500 for trans with good clutch.

Call me at 312-933-5083 if you have any questions.
Old 02-23-2010, 03:56 PM
ZRWHAT
Drifting

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

I was one of the previous owners of this car and it was running 12:00's @ 119 mph and that was without any porting whatsoever, had headers, B&B, rear, 170 stat, remapped chip only. AIT switch never relocated, TB coolant housing hoses never bypassed.

It was a daily driver and it had more left in it but I never squeezed it for the couple of 10ths left in it in stock form.

Was maintained religiously its entire life and had very little to no chain rattle at startup.

Like Eric said, Trans may have 10-12K on it, OEM clutch was installed when trans was replaced.

The motor may be been stock but it is by no means a sloutch.

If I was in the market for a LT-5 motor, I would be all over this one in a heartbeat, it is most definately a runner....

Good luck Eric.

Quick Reply: Complete lt5 engine and zf6 transmission