C4 ZR-1 Discussion General ZR-1 Corvette Discussion, LT5 Corvette Technical Info, Performance Upgrades, Suspension Setup for Street or Track

New OEM Chev C-4 ZR-1 Engines

Search this Thread

Old 11-03-2012, 04:43 AM
captcorvette
Instructor
Support Corvetteforum!

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I live in Dubai and have a hobby shop here for classic cars. My '90 MY took me 16 years to locate, purchase and get over here in my hands.

In the past few years that I have had this car I have not been able to find anyone over here who is familiar with the LT5 and most folks shy away from them because they are unfamiliar with the engine and cars.

I have only seen two other ZR-1's plus a wrecked one in this area. Both '90 MY and both red/red the wrecked car was green. One was for sale recently but was withdrawn as the owner decided to keep it. The 2nd one was re-exported to someplace north of here about 7 years ago.

Would be really interested in knowing anyone here in Dubai or UAE that is interested in the ZR-1's and or the LT5.

Back in about '99 or so a ZR-1 was imported by a local and since he could not get the engine running he trashed the engine. By the time I found out about it the engine had been sold for scrap and exported with other scrap metal. Shame. Later I found the rear bumper and right door in a scrap yard owned by a friend of mine. He said that was all that remained of the car.

Last edited by captcorvette; 11-03-2012 at 04:57 AM. Reason: My usual lousy spelling.
Old 11-03-2012, 12:51 PM
phrogs
Race Director

Received 34 Likes on 22 Posts

i travvel through Dubai and I know a ton about the LT5 rebuilt a couple of them myself.

if you want to talk let me know

johnny

Originally Posted by captcorvette
I live in Dubai and have a hobby shop here for classic cars. My '90 MY took me 16 years to locate, purchase and get over here in my hands.

In the past few years that I have had this car I have not been able to find anyone over here who is familiar with the LT5 and most folks shy away from them because they are unfamiliar with the engine and cars.

I have only seen two other ZR-1's plus a wrecked one in this area. Both '90 MY and both red/red the wrecked car was green. One was for sale recently but was withdrawn as the owner decided to keep it. The 2nd one was re-exported to someplace north of here about 7 years ago.

Would be really interested in knowing anyone here in Dubai or UAE that is interested in the ZR-1's and or the LT5.

Back in about '99 or so a ZR-1 was imported by a local and since he could not get the engine running he trashed the engine. By the time I found out about it the engine had been sold for scrap and exported with other scrap metal. Shame. Later I found the rear bumper and right door in a scrap yard owned by a friend of mine. He said that was all that remained of the car.
Old 11-04-2012, 01:03 AM
captcorvette
Instructor
Support Corvetteforum!

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Thanks Johnny. Email sent. Stay safe. I.E. head down and no John Wayne imitations.

Quick Reply: New OEM Chev C-4 ZR-1 Engines