C4 ZR-1 Discussion General ZR-1 Corvette Discussion, LT5 Corvette Technical Info, Performance Upgrades, Suspension Setup for Street or Track

Update on Dumb mistake

Search this Thread

Old 12-12-2010, 03:37 AM
captcorvette
Instructor
Support Corvetteforum!

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Default Update on Dumb mistake

Just a quick note to bring any of you who were curious as to what happened to my favourite toy. VIN 800708 is back on the road. It is back to putting that stupid grin on my face.

Was put in a container and sent to a friend of mine who is nothing short of a genius on toy cars. Took him two days of too many hours to repair it. He says it was a comedy of errors by the prievious folks who had worked on the car. The VATS had been the start of the problem after the starter was covered in water thanks to an overzealous now departed employee.

Still a couple of litle issues to sort out but I told Arty that I could handle those after he got her to running. He did and the driver of the container waited in a local hotel to bring the container back to me.

Now back to the job of trying to make sure she is in the best condition to keep this stupid grin on this old mug of mine.

Thanks to all that helped and showed an interest.

Might even have time to work on the seat belt light on the '91 & '90 roadsters plus a hundred other jobs waiting to be completed on the rest of the toy box occupants.
Old 12-12-2010, 06:43 AM
DRM500RUBYZR-1
Melting Slicks
Support Corvetteforum!

Received 108 Likes on 74 Posts

Very happy to hear that you finally are back on the road!
Enjoy your Z!!!

Marty
1FUNZR1

Quick Reply: Update on Dumb mistake