C4 ZR-1 Discussion General ZR-1 Corvette Discussion, LT5 Corvette Technical Info, Performance Upgrades, Suspension Setup for Street or Track

91 ZR1 bose/gold cd radio

Search this Thread

Old 03-25-2011, 10:57 PM
rickyricardo
Heel & Toe

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default 91 ZR1 bose/gold cd radio

I had my bose unit serviced, i reinstalled and it worked great while on 2 hour trip last fall. Car has been in garage scince then, I go out and start it twice a month. I keep a battery maintainer connected while sitting in garage. Today i started it up and turned on radio, antenna doesnot come up, radio does nothing, cd's and cassette tapes go in like they should, and eject like they should. Radio fuse is good, i dissconnected negative battery for 5 minutes and reconnected battery, but still nothing. Is there another fuse somewhere that i am missing? All help is appreciated.
Old 03-26-2011, 12:40 AM
ZR-71
Team Owner

Received 84 Likes on 58 Posts
St. Jude Donor '15

I was gonna look in the service manual but I don't think it's anything in the car other than the radio itself. It sounds like the on/off of the radio is not working. Two things happen when you turn on the radio. One is the antennae will come up and secondly you will get sound out of the speakers. Whether or not the radio is turned on, you can still insert or eject a CD or cassette.

Ok just noticed that there are two fuses that go to the radio. One is in the main fuse block labeled Radio. The other is in Auxiliary Fuse Block #2 and labeled RDO

Last edited by ZR-71; 03-26-2011 at 01:03 AM.
Old 03-27-2011, 09:45 PM
vettn71
Pro

Check your CTSY fuse. It controls the antenna relay, as well as the radio amp. It also feeds your a/c control unit, the interior lights and cigarrette lighter. If you notice any of those not working, it is probably

Jimthe CSTY fuse
Old 04-14-2011, 08:29 PM
rickyricardo
Heel & Toe

It was the CDM controller, replaced it and all is working fine. Thank you to all of you for the great help.
Old 04-15-2011, 11:41 AM
lbs90ZR
Racer

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by rickyricardo
It was the CDM controller, replaced it and all is working fine. Thank you to all of you for the great help.
Is that the unit that is over on the passenger side above the knees?

If it is, where did you get one, or repaired?
Old 04-16-2011, 01:16 AM
Goldcylon
Tech Contributor

Received 100 Likes on 90 Posts

Originally Posted by lbs90ZR
Is that the unit that is over on the passenger side above the knees?

If it is, where did you get one, or repaired?
Yes and behind the passenger seat in some models. Dr Dons can repair them. http://www.doctordons.com/

Get notified of new replies

To 91 ZR1 bose/gold cd radio

Quick Reply: 91 ZR1 bose/gold cd radio