C4 ZR-1 Discussion General ZR-1 Corvette Discussion, LT5 Corvette Technical Info, Performance Upgrades, Suspension Setup for Street or Track

ZR-1 Inspection Check List / Procedure?

Search this Thread

Old 05-16-2011, 12:34 PM
Spartan1510
Instructor

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Default ZR-1 Inspection Check List / Procedure?

Hello,

A while back I seem to remember seeing a pre-purchase procedure, or check list of some sort for checking out a ZR-1. I've looked on both the ZR-1 Net Registry and here while performing multiple searches and can't seem to find it again. The best information that I found is the typical ZR-1 issues web-page on the ZR-1 Net Registry.

The thread / posting that I saw a while back was on this site, Corvette Forum, I think.

Anyone remember what I'm thinking of? Or does anyone have a good pre-purchase inspection checklist or procedure for ZR-1's?

I'm going to look at another ZR-1 later this week. Thanks.

Grant
Old 05-16-2011, 01:14 PM
USAFPILOT
Drifting

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Dive a few of them, and bury your foot into each one to see if those secondaries open up!

No really there is an inspection checklist, someone will post it up I am sure.

To me you should look for a clean one that has some good miles on it that has been maintained well. Everything on the car should work. oR else you will be like me and buy one with a broken CD player and then yourself never get around to fixing it. Who needs music though when you have an LT5!
Old 05-16-2011, 01:50 PM
Z51JEFF
Race Director

Received 643 Likes on 420 Posts
2022 C4 of the Year Finalist - Modified

Nothing really to check visually.Id turn the key to on,car off and power the vacuum pump,see if it pulls vacuum,stops and time how long between cycles.Depending on what year,90-92 check and see if the injectors have been replaced.Dont know how you would do this if the injectors are black like the OEM parts.
Old 05-16-2011, 06:26 PM
Zproud
Burning Brakes

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

What your looking for can be found here.
http://www.zr1netregistry.com/

Get notified of new replies

To ZR-1 Inspection Check List / Procedure?

Quick Reply: ZR-1 Inspection Check List / Procedure?